We debunk a lot of myths in the CHOICE Community, so we decided to start a new category to solve the enduring consumer conundrums once and for all. We’re here to bust commonly held misconceptions, myths and misinformation that can cause consumers all sorts of problems while answering your burning questions.
To celebrate the launch of our new category, CHOICE is offering five $100 vouchers of your choice (or cash equivalent) to the best BS busters in the CHOICE Community. Any forum member can enter, just leave a reply to a question we post in this category and we’ll mark the solution. At the end of the competition period in June, we’ll choose our top five BS busters and award the prize.
Have a myth, consumer problem or question idea? Post it in the comments below and we’ll add it to the MythDefied category for busting (and don’t worry, you can provide a reply to your own submission).
CHOICE ‘Consumer MythDefied’ competition
Full terms and conditions
Company: CHOICE – 57 Carrington Road, Marrickville NSW 2204
Commences: 28th March, 2018 (AEDT)
Concludes: 8th June 2018 (AEDT)
Total estimated Promotion Value: $500
Total number of possible Promotion Prizes: 5
To be eligible you must:
* be a permanent resident of Australia,
* be aged 18 years or over, and
* not be employed by CHOICE, one of our Board members or be an immediate family member of someone who works at CHOICE.
How to enter the competition:
1. This competition is a game of skill.
2. You can enter the competition by leaving a reply and busting a myth in the ‘Consumer Myth Busters’ category on https://choice.community/
3. When submitting a nomination, you agree to these terms and conditions (see below) and
agree to a CHOICE staff member contacting you if we need more information about your
4. Any cost associated with accessing the competition website is your responsibility and is
dependent on the internet service provider you use.
Terms and conditions of entry
1.CHOICE reserves the right to check each submitted entry and to delete or deny any entry
that we think is incomplete, a duplicate, indecipherable, illegible, or that may be offensive
or inappropriate to the game of skill criteria.
2. The terms and conditions of the Community forum apply, including in regard to privacy.
Determination of competition winners and their prizes
1. At the end of competition period, a judging panel will choose five entrants who have had a reply marked as a ‘solution;’ to receive a $100 voucher of your choosing (or cash equivalent).
2. The prize winners will be chosen at CHOICE’s premises, being 57 Carrington Rd,
Marrickville, NSW 2204.
3. The prize winner must be contactable within 7 days at the email address provided on their CHOICE Community account. If CHOICE can’t contact the winner within 7 days, then a new winner may be selected. CHOICE reserves the right to forfeit the prize or select a new winner in the event of an entrant not claiming the prize.
4. The total prize value is correct as of 14/03/18.
5. Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash. CHOICE’s decision is final.
6. Only prize winners will receive written notification.