Skechers Online

I ordered a pair of Skechers online and received two left shoes!! I couldn’t talk to anyone except their online chat. I’m pretty sure it was a chatbot and not a real person as I asked them (they replied they were a real person but the syntax was weird so I’m sure it wasn’t) and of course, got no resolution. I asked if I could have my order properly filled and I would return the two left shoes concurrently. That was beyond the chatbot. I had to return the left shoes and they would fill the order properly, or not? I couldn’t get an answer!! Ok so I got my return label, but of course I had to do the legwork.
The other thing was I was asked for a review and I used pretty much used the same words as this post and gave them 1 star, but it wasn’t accepted. So beware, don’t trust their reviews on their website.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Community @Nowra

Interesting how difficult it was for you to get an obvious problem resolved. Most chatbots will connect one to a real human if you enter ‘agent’ or ‘need agent’ or something similar.

Many of the agents are offshore so depending on linguistics or syntax might be spot on chatbot technology, or English as a second or third language.

You may find this topic interesting and educational.

3 Likes

Hi @Nowra, welcome to the community.

Did you purchase the Sketchers direct from Sketchers or from a reseller…and was the online business Australian or based overseas?

It definitely appears that the online seller has ‘stuffed up’ in sending two left sneakers. There are a number of times within the supply chain to why two sneakers ended up in the one same box, but none of these are your problem but the problem of the seller to resolve.

If it is an Australian based online seller, most have phone numbers which can be searched and called. You may have better luck getting a resolution calling them rather than trying a automated chatbot.

If it an overseas business, there is a risk that they may decide to do nothing …but hopefully they resolve the problem after receiving the shoes back by mail. If you can’t get a resolution through the online seller, you have a number of options after you have hit a brick wall with the seller:

1. If you paid by credit card, you can lodge a dispute and instigate a chargeback. A chargeback may be successful if you can demonstrate that the seller is unwilling to provide a resolution and that you have a product which can’t be used (namely you don’t have two left feet) or hasn’t been replaced.
  2. If you paid by PayPal, lodge a dispute with them. They will investigate and hopefully reverse the charges.

When you make next make contact with the seller, if they appear reluctant to give you a resolution, say they you will be instigating a chargeback./dispute with your payment provider. This hopefully will drive them to sort out the problem of ‘two left feet’.

4 Likes

Thanks for all that. I contracted the local sketchers shop and the delightful young lady sorted it for me by contacting them and organising the ‘right’ shoe, however, not before I headed to India did it arrive. So I have to wait until I get back to have a reunion. These were to be my shoes for my trip however I did have a substitute.

3 Likes

Hi i have never purchased skechers through an external reseller it has always been through the skechers site quite good. And i found returning to the local store were very good. I had no issues with returning as the online pair was not correct fitting. I find most retailers are aware of the issues we all face purchasing well i would hope most would be.

1 Like

Wee done for pursuing your rights.

BTW, what did they say to do with the ‘spare’ left shoe? It would have been good if they sent two right shoes to complete the pair. Otherwise it will become unused waste.

2 Likes

Hi i have never purchased skechers through an external reseller it has always been through the skechers site quite good. And i found returning to the local store were very good. I had no issues with returning as the online pair was not correct fitting. I find most retailers are aware of the issues we all face purchasing well i would hope most would

1 Like

Ok, so I’ve got my pair today, but with one spare left shoe. The shop asked me what I wanted to do with it as they would only through it out. So I have a couple of options; donate to an Op-shop (maybe there are people looking for a single shoe), throw it out but our council also has a trial to recycle textiles that
are not fit for reuse. So I’ll try them secondly. Otherwise, any ideas or known organisations that may have a use???

3 Likes

After all the messing around, I’ve found these to be the most uncomfortable pair of shoes I have ever come across.

That is one of the challenges of buying online. Shoes can feel differently on different feet as everyone is ‘made differently’. In such case, it would fall under the Australian Consumer Law and fit under Sketchers Online Shop change in mind policy. Most retailers change of mind policies are voided if shoes are worn.

I found skechers quite good at returning in store no hassles

2 Likes