Online exchange

I bought two pairs of shoes online from a very popular brand during an up to 40% off sale. I accidentally ordered the wrong size. So I would like to exchange them but they don’t do online exchange. (I’d be happy to pay postage) I have to return them then repurchase the shoes but they are no longer on sale so I will have to pay the full price which is about an extra $100. Is this allowed? Wouldn’t it be better for them to just swap rather than loose a sale because I won’t be paying an extra $100 for them.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community @Blondie

The short answer is yes it is. What you have described falls into the category of a ‘change of mind’ and a seller can set whatever terms and conditions they wish, including no exchanges or refunds.

If they give a refund you have done better than other members who have had similar experiences who have ordered ill fitting or otherwise unacceptable clothing and have been refused any recompense.

You can find similar examples using the Community search such as

That is their business decision.

When buying online, especially clothing, it is important to read the T&C in detail and be very careful about what one orders. I regularly use ECCO shoes as a gold standard of what one should look for.

6 Likes