Woolies Latest Acts Of Stupidity

Woolies has raised customer disservice to the next level.

I went to our local Woolies to buy the Schick shaving gel that they had listed on their website for half price only to find that, as usual, there was no stock, just a “special” sign and an empty shelf space.

I played “find an employee in any aisle” before going to the Customer Disservice Counter and asked if there was any stock out the back, or if I could get a raincheck.

The employee stated that they no longer did rainchecks, and called another employee.who came back and stated there was no stock. No advice as to when there might be some stock, if ever.

I then went to our local Coles to do our weekly shop and asked a staff member if they still did rainchecks to which he replied that they did.

When I mentioned that Woolies no longer did, he was amazed and commented it would be more business for Coles.

When there was only one jar of my coffee left, I went to the Customer Service Counter and asked if there was any more stock.

The staff member checked with another person who said it was coming on tonight’s load and that I could have a raincheck.

At least I got 3 half price pork loin crackling roasts at Woolies for my wife and her sister for $10 each, less the10% monthly discount, without even being a member of their deceptive & misleading mobile plans or car insurance promotions.

And even that is more business than Woolies deserve.