Think you know about dangerous products? **QUIZ**

How much do you know about product safety? Test your knowledge with this quick quiz:

How did you score?

5 Likes

Um 50%. Some might call that a pass conceded.
Probably better than some of the products mentioned. :+1:

6 Likes

One wrong, still sad as the right answer has decent coverage.

5 Likes

100% :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As your quiz entry doesn’t accept my email address as used in this community, I wouldn’t know how I would go. You have a validation problem in the script.

1 Like

One wrong, but probably because of lack of close interest in baby gear. Was rather short? Was it about 4 Qns?

6 Likes

It was a sneaky way to get email addresses they might not already have.

6 Likes

It’s only a short quiz, for a bit of fun! You must enter your email, but you do not have to receive updates.

@Gregr, apologies for the error. It was working when I rant a test, but I’ll flag it with our tech team.

4 Likes

Only two wrong…the Thermomix one…and another.

I couldn’t see on the final page where the score was…

5 Likes

It was also a good way to point out where there are serious short comings in delivery of consumer safety.

Whether one knows all the answers or not, the end point is the same. There are more of us now all with the same understanding. It is likely an introduction to a much more challenging consumer issue.

Notes:
I still find the contrast between safety in the workplace and consumer product safety alarming. Neither are perfect.

183 Australians dying in workplace related injuries in 2019 (approx 30% in vehicle incidents) is significant. Even one fatality is enough to send politicians running and Union Leaders shouting.

Accidental deaths of Australian Children aged 14 years and under:

More data might be had here:

Hopefully Choice can offer a meaningful synopsis of how many are due to behaviours and how many due to products? @BrendanMays

6 Likes

… products marketed for babies don’t seem anywhere near as likely to be dangerous as babies themselves :rofl:

6 Likes

100%

6 Likes

50%. No idea about baby stuff and I cant even remember which other I got wrong. I got the ones which required an “all of the above” answer. The Thermomix one was just shocking. I did not have a clue that it was so dangerous.

6 Likes

Got the baby one wrong. Not really a consideration at 73 anyway! :wink:

5 Likes

As George Eliot wrote,

It is never too late to be what you might have been

:kissing_heart:

6 Likes

Much to my personal embarrasement, I did woefully; got quite a few wrong, including a couple of ‘all of the above’ answers.

5 Likes

Righto then @meltam. Hand in your CD badge. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I tend to research as needed, there seems to be too much information in the universe to know it all, as close as some of us get :rofl: If you learnt something from the quiz that is great - I did !

7 Likes

Thank you. I tend to research and check before providing information too.

I had a few minutes only to do the quiz before dinner, so just put down the first answer that seemed correct without thinking it through. :frowning:

4 Likes

Got one wrong: the Thermomix, I went with ‘false representation’ and not ‘all of the above’.

Choice being the first to warn about the items that could catch fire was just a guess.

Good quiz for learning.

5 Likes