Research Into Tatooing Causing Heavy Metal Particles To Enter Lymph Glands

An article regarding research into heavy metals released from tatoo guns entering lymph glands.

Whilst the health implications are yet unknown, I regularly see a great many persons who should be concerned.

4 Likes

I’m sorry, Fred, I giggled when I read the title… it reads as if its research thats causing the heavy metal particles to enter the lymphatic system.

Sorry. Felt compelled.

6 Likes

I had quite a bit of heavy metal enter into my ears in my younger days

Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath etc… it’s mostly all still in there :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Those are the type of metals that can be enjoyed frequently :joy:

Some further reading on potential tattoo health risks (albeit rare ones)

6 Likes

What? I can’t hear you! :rofl:

4 Likes

Thanks for posting. The health risks from toxic metals in the inks are clear. I was unaware of mechanical breakdown of needles which of course will release whatever metals the needle is made of into the body. Nickel is in stainless steel. For whatever reason it is very common to find high nickel levels in Australians. Nickel is a potent allergen and can cause a lot of health issues, as can any toxic metal. People with surgical implants made of titanium have been known to experience a myriad of health issues until they get the implant removed and replaced with an alternative. But when you introduce the nano particle part of the equation that ups the ante significantly in regards to potential health risks. The body cannot recognise and deal with nanoparticles very well, consequently they can travel far and wide, bypassing the protective barriers and systems of control and elimination the body uses.

3 Likes

According to the government the risk of hearing loss from the work environment is having a significant adverse impact on health.

https://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/noise

Whether it is relevant or not, the risks associated with excessive noise outside of work appear to be ignored. Perhaps as like tattoos any unintended consequences are a matter of personal choice?

2 Likes