Qantas Frequent Flyer issues

The famous Australian icon should change it’s familiar Kangaroo logo to an Ostrich with it’s head stuck in the sand. Communication is NOT Qantas strong point. After many many decades - the now infamous Qantas has forgotten how to communicate with its life blood - it’s customers.
I’ve been a Frequent Flyer member for decades not once dipping into my points accrual now close to 500,000. For the first time trying to use my points for a family holiday, Qantas Frequent Flyer office refuse to answer my requests for assistance. I’ve made numerous phone calls waiting on once for over 6 hours before hanging up. I’ve sent numerous emails to them - even their famous globe trotting Irish CEO - again no replies. Qantas keep their long time customers like mushrooms, in the dark. s the famous Jan once said: “Not happy” Qantas. Not happy.

2 Likes

Once upon a time I was in a similar situation with Ansett. ‘Puff’ all gone.

There after life leaned towards Qantas. As the points increased the prospect of a many points loomed. Of course the options for using points were much more limited until Virgin pushed Qantas hard.

My reality today.
Points are never assured.
Points don’t do as far as they used to.
It’s not the long ago on my timeline that 500,000 points would buy a round the world for one business class with plenty left over.
I now use points as far as practical as they accrue. Similar to using the accrued credits on the shops at Woolies giving 4c/l off petrol or a $10 reward of a shop.

2 Likes

I having a lot of difficulty claiming points for international flights taken on partner airline Emirates & with Qantas itself.

First I t did the online claim to be told electronically that the flights could not be identified. I sent and email to Qantas querying this given pretty much all our boarding passes were printed on qantas cards! I sent copies of all my and my husband’s boarding cards (so glad airports insisted on printing them instead of accepting our phone versions & that we kept the printed cards)

Then I was told Qantas FF could not match our FF identifies to the flights, and asked for our passport info (copy of picture page)…now silence.

Today I nearly lost the will to live sitting on the phone trying to speak to someone at FF program.

It really makes me wonder about the quality of their record keeping, and how I managed to even check in to flights!

I have now lodged a complaint with Qantas and wait…

Am I alone with this problem? Any suggestions on how to wrestle points out of Qantas would be gratefully accepted.

4 Likes

Hi @Sketchergirl. I have moved your post to an existing topic to do with Qantas FF issues.

As you may be aware, Choice has awarded Qantas an ignominious shonky award for their less than sterling performance recently.

There has been much discussion here in the Community forum about the significant issues people are having with the significant decline in Qantas’ service. More topics on Qantas’ poor service can be found if you use the magnifying glass in the blue bar at the top and search for ‘Qantas’.

2 Likes

Do you know if your ticket class on the Emirates flight were eligible for QFF points. The Qantas website states…

• Qantas Points and Status Credits (where applicable) are earned on Eligible Flights with a Qantas or applicable one world® Member Airline or Airline Partner flight number on your ticket. Qantas Points and Status Credits may not be earned on some fare types and booking classes. For full details see the Qantas Frequent Flyer program Terms and Conditions and Airline Earning Tables.

This suggests that for some fares and booking classes, QFF and Status Credits aren’t earned through their codeshare partner. You may need to confirm that your booking and fares qualify for points/status credits.

Also, did you nominate your QFF membership number when making the booking? If you did, Qantas/Emirates will know this is the case and won’t process another claim for points separately.

2 Likes

I would hope premium economy seats would qualify, they were as about as expensive as past business class seats were!

And alas the travel agent did not use our FF numbers despite us providing them. Wasn’t worried as normally I can claim points post flight - I’ve had no hassles before.

1 Like

Thanks. Yes I knew abuot the shonky awards. Apart from this tho’ my experience from Qantas has been fine. Mind you all Australian airlines and airports could learn a thing or two from the overseas operators.

2 Likes