Price not identified as being in US dollars

Yes. The original issue is that Subaru Australia offers a service to an Australian customer and sends said customer to a site that does not make it clear that the payment is not what would be expected for an Australian customer paying for what should be maps for use in Australia.

There is a problem to be addressed by Subaru in its processes. Continuous improvement should be a fundamental imperative of any company.

4 Likes

Thanks Gregr, my original post appears to have been long lost.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Posted Mail Services - is it time to say Goodbye?

A good result. Subaru Australia have just confirmed that they will refund the difference between $214 (AUS) and $214 (USD) plus the bank’s foreign exchange fee of $9.60.

ie $115.60

The amount was never that important, the principle was.

8 Likes

An excellent result. Good to see that a company is prepared to admit (tacitly) their part in this problem and make appropriate amends.

Something to diarise for two years time though:

• Has the web site been improved?
  • Does it make clear at any point what currency applies?

Even if the web site is unchanged at that point in time, I’m not sure you will get away with asking for the same refund next time. :rofl:

2 Likes

I find it best to use the maps on my phone. Apple Maps use Tom Tom and are always up to date. I don’t use the cars built in GPS for the very reason of the excessive fees.

Providing that you comply with the law in the relevant state/territory regarding mobile phone use in a car e.g. don’t want to get hit by: New Answer To Idiots Who Use Mobile Phones Whilst Driving

…though 8 days so far without payment from Subaru is annoying !

2 Likes

Sent: 23/01/2023 7:06 PM
To: feedback@subaru.com.au
Subject: FW: Case 00726565: Re: Renewal of maps for 2019 Subaru Forester [ ref:_00D58Z5BV._5008e7Gzz9:ref ]

, I note that in your last email of 12 Jan 2023 you advised that “and will advise you in a follow up email the turnaround time for processing. “ ???

Reply received 24 Jan 2023

Hi Peter,

Apologies for the delayed response, we are currently experiencing longer than usual response times.

We appreciate your patience and understanding, I can confirm I have now processed the reimbursement of $115.60.

Please allow 7 - 10 business days for the funds to reach your account.

Thanks,

Customer service at its best !

2 Likes

Hmmm. Well I would be waiting the 7 - 10 business days (i.e. 2 weeks) before declaring that this is even satisfactory customer service.

Customer service at even close to its best would be maybe funds available on Tuesday (given that Australia Day will prevent transactions completely and there’s a weekend in the way too).

My comment regarding customer service was tongue in cheek.

Issue first raised with Subaru on 8 Dec 2022.

Subaru’s decision to pay monies advised on 12 Jan 2023 at which time documentary evidence requested by Subaru was provided.

Advice from Subaru on 24 Jan 2023 that payment would be made in 7-10 days.

Each response from Subaru has only been as a result of an emails or phone calls from myself. At no time has Subaru initiated contact with myself.

3 Likes