Olive oil , Extra Virgin : What brand/s do you prefer to buy?

Just as a bit of a help out for me . To assist me in establishing a " road map ‘’ for consumers buying habits when it comes to Extra Virgin Olive Oil I wonder if the forum members would be kind enough to post the brand/brands they are currently buying . /

I am doing some market research with a friend of mine and any help would be appreciated /

I buy 2 brands " Coles Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil " $5.00 for 500ml

"Cobram Estate Robust Flavour EVO " $6.69 for 375ml .?

Hoping you add to the thread . Price and volume are not necessary , just the brand .

Mike

4 Likes

Cobram and Squeaky Gate.

3 Likes

Cobram or Red Island, if and when we do buy it. We usually buy the multi-litre tins.

As we generally only use oil for cooking, we tend to buy rice bran oil instead.

5 Likes

At the moment we have Squeaky Gate, Red Island and Belwood Grove (grown and pressed just down the road) in the pantry. We have used Cobram Estate in the past, but not recently.

4 Likes

I buy Cobram mostly @vax2000. I also normally try to pick up a bottle or two from local markets when I manage to get there

3 Likes

I buy Cobram in the purple 3l tin and decant into a bottle for convenient handling.

3 Likes

Because we are on a limited budget I tend to buy what is on special or cheapest and only use a small amount for frying and bread making, due to the cost. We currently have Foodworks Best Buy Australian EVO and Spar Taste The World EVO

3 Likes

I buy some Spanish stuff - Moro? I feel like the traitor here … but good thread!

I see Squeaky Gate and Cobram mentioned a bit - thanks for the votes. I noticed Squeaky Gate at Woolies the other day and I’m sure its the first time I’ve seen it … will give it a try.

2 Likes

Moro I like when oils are bought and I want a more heavy (hearty maybe?) olive taste (Spanish presses tend to be this way). My preferred is what our friends press for us so have no real names just great flavours.

2 Likes

Always Australian. For cooking, big tins of local Fini. For salads, dipping etc, often Cobram, but any Oevoo (Oz extra v o o) will do. Especially from boutique orchardists wherever we might be passing through. Currently Harvest 6006 - yes it’s the postcode of the suburb where the locals including my grandchildren harvest the street and garden trees planted by a previous generation of Italian immigrants and have it pressed as a local primary school school fundraiser. How quintessentially deeply olive-cultural is that! Pricey but priceless. Like Grahroll’s friends’ pressings, it’s love in a bottle.

4 Likes

I buy The Olive Tree Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil 3L from Aldi

4 Likes

Its Cobram for me as its Australian made

3 Likes

Cobram mostly - try to by Oz as reports about OS oils arouse doubts

3 Likes

Mostly Cobram as it’s Australian.

3 Likes

I go to a local place and fill my bottle each time. Saves me money as I can reuse the same bottle each time. Its called The Source. It is in Wollongong but they do have other outlets around NSW.

4 Likes

Just Organic, 500ml from ALDI

2 Likes

Mostly Australian. However we would buy extra virgin olive oil from Aldi which is nearly between $5 or $6.

2 Likes

Aldi Organic and Cobham. prefer Australian harvested olives

3 Likes

Coles Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil

2 Likes

We buy Red Island. In the multi-litre tins (so it is well protected from light). We only buy Australian now, due to the concerns of others voiced above and in some of the previous testing, about origin and authenticity. Also love Cobram.

We have also recent purchased flavoured oil (garlic and lemon) from Grampians Olive Co. Highly recommended.

4 Likes