Olive oil , Extra Virgin : What brand/s do you prefer to buy?

We have used Aldi’s The Olive Tree 3 litre for several years. Consistent quality and value but as usual with Aldi the labeling is similar to a well known product - in this case Cobram green and gold.

3 Likes

Always buy Australian - usually Cobram Estate but sometimes artisan from farmers’ markets.

3 Likes

Cobram Estate, like many other people here!

3 Likes

AUSTRALIAN only. Cobram Estate. Very close to ‘local’ for me - I use my choice in almost every situation.

3 Likes

Red Island or Cobram - whichever is the cheaper per litre when we run low.

5 Likes

I buy the Cobram Estate 3L tin and decant into a bottle.

2 Likes

I buy Australian first then extra virgin then the cheapest in that filtered selection. Often Cobram or 'red—???". Buy in the large tins and decant as required.

3 Likes

I buy; Squeaky Gate Australian, in the hope that it would be ‘Real’ Extra Virgin Olive oil only. It does seem to taste better than others. For cooking I use a Coles brand.

3 Likes

I use Coles Brand for cooking too . I think it is really good value and has a nice flavour to it .

1 Like

Red Island. It’s Australian and was recommended by some organisation a while ago for taste. I think it may have been Choice.

5 Likes

Red Island is definitely on my EVO’s to try along with Squeaky Gate .

2 Likes

Cobram Estate EV Robust Flavour, after a Choice review a few years back…been happy with this ever since.

2 Likes

I buy Cobram Estate EVOO

2 Likes

Ditto for Red Island olive oil and rice bran oil.
KRoss

4 Likes

Try the Squeaky Gate bold for a change of pace.

3 Likes

red island or cobran, anything, as long as it’s australian.

5 Likes

Cobra Extra Virgin first press classic flavour (2/3)! Delicious.

2 Likes

@PhilT Will do

1 Like

Cobram Estate - got several bottles with long use by dates recently on special at Woolworths. Good oil.

2 Likes

Cobram Estate Robust Flavour EVO best flavour of the Australian EVO’s and better value than some

2 Likes