NSW Government Stupidity Strikes

I went to the local TMR Qld centre this morning and was told that as my permit had expired by more than “6 weeks”, I would have to do a new application and get it signed by my GP, and that the fee is “$18.95”.

Looks like accuracy is not a strong point there on a Monday morning.

I said that I had never received an expiry reminder to which the employee claimed that a reminder is always sent out and asked if I had changed my address.

My current 5 year driver’s licence was renewed early last year, and I had updated my address details on my previous licence a couple of years previously when we got rid of our PO Box.

The list of e-notices and e-reminders I had signed up for makes no mention of Disability Parking Permits, so I assume it is just another manisfestation of TMR Qld incompetence and stupidity.

Whilst they send out expiry reminders for driver’s licences, they get a subsatnial payment for every renewal, but as they get zilch for Disability Parking Permits renewed before the deadline, I guess they have an incentive to not notify people.

After all, this is the same collective of clowns who have almost finished the main access road into Cairns with no provision for pedestrians.

I was tossing up whether to bother putting my joggers on to go there but just wore my scuffs instead which was probably just as well as Billy Bogan walked in after me with bare feet and no mask, and had to be told twice before he reluctantly used the hand sanitiser. I wouldn’t want to have shown him up.

1 Like