November 2020 Food Challenge: What I have for Breakfast

Welcome to the community @Natalie71
Thank you for posting.

7 Likes

When I was a teenager, I still loved sweet foods including desserts such a steamed puddings with custard.

Now that I am almost 70 years old, I eat virtually no sweet foods but love spicy foods.

Perhaps I am reverse ageing?

5 Likes

You are welcome Gaby. Thank you for your welcome.

6 Likes

If I have leftover rice, I sometimes mix it in with my muesli for breakfast, which I think it goes well with.

7 Likes

I try to have each morning ,3 Weetbix with Cold Milk, with (say the equivalent of about one full actual Peach .) Peach Slices from The Goulburn Valley - SPC mob. and a splash of fresh Bluberries, with say , a desert spoon of Raw Sugar ( I’m not perfect :slight_smile: )

9 Likes

I have a wheat allergy so I have limited choices! 6 days a week I have Uncle Toby’s quick oats, apple and cinnamon flavour, with sliced peaches, raspberries and strawberries, and low-fat milk. My husband has muesli with apricots and blueberries and low fat milk. We both have coffee from freshly ground coffee beans, purchased freshly roasted from Bay Beans coffee, and brewed in our Breville double boiler expression coffee machine which came with its own separate grinder, again with lite milk.

On Sunday we treat ourselves to scrambled eggs and bacon - and coffee, of course!

8 Likes

A strong Latte. Plain yogurt and the lowest in sugar Muesli I can find, add fresh fruit and often an only-just ripe banana on the side.

7 Likes

This is what I would LIKE to have for breakfast but I would be the size of a house.

6 Likes

One shot espresso with full fat milk and thickened cream

10 Likes

Welcome to the community @Foxon!
Love that coffee :yum:

6 Likes

Breakfast: 2 scrambled free-range (<1,500 birds per hectare) eggs cooked in butter from grass-fed cows, 2 salt-cured bacon rashers with fat on, from free-range pigs, snow peas, black coffee.

10 Likes

Wow!! After looking through all of these comments - I’m starving!

I have also discovered, I’m quite boring looking at what everyone else has for brekky. Weekdays and Saturdays, a sour dough multigrain English Muffin with a couple of rashers of short cut rindless bacon, and Sundays deserve two poached eggs on toast followed by a nice perky marmalade as a palate cleanser.

8 Likes

Welcome @inthepink!
Thanks for posting.

7 Likes

Breakfast for me is whatever I feel like having - or whatever needs using - or whatever I first think of - when I am on my own. Yoghurt and banana with sunflower and sesame seeds, rolled oats cooked or raw depending on the time of year; corn thins with peanut butter or jam; avocado with walnuts and cream cheese; fruit & vegetable chips from Indonesia to dip in yoghurt; raw apple mixed with a mashed banana; fruit salad of orange and banana with walnuts and dates; Indian amaranth biscuits; leftover black rice reheated in coconut milk; mung beans cooked with pandan leaf and red sugar in coconut milk. It’s a mix and match game.

If my son comes to stay, he will cook different things - besan flour omelette is the latest addition to his menu. Scrambled eggs is my favourite. He has been making sourdough, so that is also popular. I love bread, especially fresh, but eat too much so won’t buy just for myself. But always, coffee, and herbal tea.

9 Likes

Easy. Good ol’ porridge with raw sugar. In terms of special breakfast, has got to be pancakes.

10 Likes

Welcome @Read_CHOICE_AllNight!
Pancakes are special for me too :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Rolled oats and sultanas, both soaked overnight, with skimmed milk and artificial sweetener, black coffee. Nuked in winter.

8 Likes

Everyday for me I just eat & drink what I feel my body is telling me to have.
I have no set routine, no set time, I see breakfast as the first thing I consume for the day (regardless of the time on the clock).

Today I had poached fresh mullet & green veg.
Yesterday it was fresh blueberries, the day before 2 red grapefruit & some blueberries, the day before that - steamed yellow button squash & zucchini.
So I just eat what I want at the time.

The only “habit” I do have is an espresso. Not strong, sometimes I have 2.

My food allergies & intolerances don’t effect my choices as I enjoy the food I am privileged
to have.

12 Likes

Welcome @Bubblinky!
Appreciate your input.

6 Likes

breakfast of champions

4 Likes