Mosaic Brands/Rivers/Noni B/Millers etc

One day they’ll get their comeuppances - hopefully sooner rather than later.

1 Like

Last time I shopped at Millers was many years ago, they were having discounts of 20-30% but the sales lady wouldn’t apply the discounts to me because it was for ‘members only’. I asked her to show me where that was made clear in the store.

She called the manager who pointed to a poster behind the counter which had a very small print about T&C down the end of a 50cm high sign about the sales!

To become a member at that time the requirement was to disclose many private details including birth date, phone number, email address.

Never been in the store since.

3 Likes

Hi @MosaicBrandsLtd - I have so many items outstanding and have repeatedly emailed and called - and still nothing.

For a little while (months ago), some items came in. However I still have items outstanding from Dec and Jan, and can’t even get a response!

How do I dm you with my list of outstanding items so something can be done.

Alternatively, maybe we all flood Consumer Affairs with complaints so something has to be done.

Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome to the Community @BrisTracy

Click on @MosaicBrandsLtd on any of her messages and a window like this should open.

Click ‘message’ and an editing window will open. Depending on how the account is set it will send an email and/or prompt when @MosaicBrandsLtd is on the Community.

Please let us know if there is assistance ‘that delivers’.

1 Like

Thanks Phil - That option isn’t available for me. It just has “7 posts” box.

1 Like

That would be a new member restriction that will eventually be removed. I initiated a DM for you, and should be able to see it by clicking on your image (top right on a browser, but device dependent - click the email icon). I think you should also be able to reply to it. Let me know if it doesn’t work for you.

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Some companies don’t learn or don’t want to because the penalty might be less than the profits so they are happy to play their game. Or they are willing to gamble they are not caught out and successfully prosecuted.

3 Likes
3 Likes

The fine yet again seems pitiful in it’s quantum. For many reasons including the health and safety of consumers plus the ongoing intransigence of Mosaic Brands (even with Court Enforceable Undertakings) in regards to their behaviour, $266,000 seems lacking in strength of deterrence. Perhaps another zero or two tacked on might ensure better compliance ($2,660,000 or $26,600,000).

A slap with a wet lettuce leaf may have had more effect and been of greater encouragement than that poor excuse for a fine.

4 Likes

@grahroll
I agree. A significant fine would be a deterrence whereas a small fine is merely “the cost of doing business”.
Mosaic’s bad behaviour continues (in my case, Rivers):

On Saturday 07 October 2022 I twice tried to order sneakers ($30) online, but twice the transaction failed. I received the following error:
Failed to give payment result, Transaction Declined.

I wrote to the company asking “Can you please assist”?.

They replied on Monday 09 October indicating there were IT problems and the system is “now back up and running”.
And so it was, but what was advertised earlier for $29.99 was now $41.99, a 40% mark up. I did not buy at that price.

I wrote back to Rivers reminding them of their explanation of the cause of the problem I had in executing my purchase online and that it would be reasonable to now allow me to buy at the $29.99 price I tried twice to buy.

Rivers refused.

Rivers replied that (a) if I “had placed an order [they are] more than happy to look into this for you and retroactively apply a discount” with no mention what discount (and in the full knowledge that I DID NOT buy at the higher price) and (b) “If you don’t have this [i.e. if I do not have proof of buying at the higher price] then please keep an eye on our websites and emails”.

What arrogance!

I informed NSW Fair Trading of this and it soon became clear that GOOD organisations eg Coles will give rain checks in such situations but in my case clearly Mosaic and its many subsidiaries do not rise to the level of GOOD.

To me this smells of bait advertising. After all, I was clearly not alone in having difficulties with the web site.

2 Likes

Seems like one needs to take a screenshot of EVERY SINGLE STEP of the ordering/payment process, and then wait until the item is actually received with no dramas. If so, delete the screenshots. If not, then there’s evidence to provide to the company. Not that Mosaic would listen anyway…

1 Like

Good point, but they know I tried to buy online because (a) I am registered with their loyalty program and (b) my CC number was inputted in the relevant field when trying to purchase.

It fascinates me how a company with a long list of bad customer service can possibly flourish in Oz.

2 Likes

Completely agree. I am done with them.

While on the topic, I discovered that Rivers has changed their warranty policy.
In the past, when I had a problem with shoes that broke apart say 5 months or so after purchase (with infrequent wearing by me), I was offered a replacement to the value of what I paid. I could of course add money to obtain a pricier pair.

That was under their “6 months” policy. I understand from recent visits to their store that “sometime ago” the warranty period for situations like what in my case was deemed a “manufacturing fault” was trimmed to 3 months, after which, seemingly “tough luck” to the customer who purchased a lemon.

1 Like

Millers has closed most of their stores in my area and I wanted to buy one of their products that I had purchased before when the stores were open. Having read the tales of woe in this thread I had some hesitation in ordering. The items I purchased were Millers own brand, not one of the Marketplace products, I was pleasantly surprised when they arrived three days later with no problems, so they may have lifted their game, or it may just have been that they were Mllers own brand.
On another issue, I purchased an expensive top from a local store that said that it was an Australian made product. About 6 months later, while in a Millers store, I found an identical top in a different colour and an identical fabric with a Millers label and 'Made in China. I approached the Australian Company and they claimed that their design and even the choice of fabric had been copied by Millers. I am inclined to believe them as they make much of the fact that the majority of their products are “Australian made”

2 Likes

Sorry, and don’t wish to sound rude but I wouldn’t believe anything that Millers or Mosaic says - I will not buy from them or their associated stores which is sad for the people who have franchises but they should really look into the organisations they associate with.

3 Likes

I agree.
I had problems in the past with them, but with some effort they fixed the problem.
Recently I wanted to buy $30 shoes online. The website’s payment system malfunctioned and by the time it was operating, the price escalated $10 or so.

After a few complaints, I rcvd a $10 voucher, to use against any future purchase in the next 30 days, which, truth be told, is a very good outcome from Mosaic. On the face of it, it is.

But a close examination of it reveals:

(A) It cannot be used with any other voucher (and I have another voucher resulting from a large previous purchase;
(B) It must be used for a purchase >$30; and
(C) It MUST be used against a FULL PRICE, not SALE price, product.

Bottom line, as I see it, it ain’t worth a heal of beans.

1 Like

Yep this company has really lifted their game.

Today received a parcel at my home for someone who certainly does not live here. The delivery address is wrong.

So I sent the following to their customer care email.

"Hello,

This is to advise you that a parcel supplied by Mosaic has been delivered to my home incorrectly.

The customer is xxxxx xxxxx, but the address you have is incorrect. There is no person of that name at the address given.

Could you advise the customer that I have the goods, and we can arrange delivery.

My contact is my email as given below.

Thankyou."

The reply came back.

"Thank you for contacting us.

We sincerely apologise for the disappointment experienced recently.

Could you please send us some photos of the item showing the issue; once we have those photos we’ll be able to proceed.

We look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Store Support Customer Care Team."

Hilarious. Not.
:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

An update about this.

A customer rep did email me. Over three weeks ago.

Still wanted a photo, so sent one of the unopened package. Said they would send a mailing return label.

You can guess the rest. Nothing.

1 Like