Mosaic Brands/Rivers/Noni B/Millers etc

Ordered clothing from Rivers on 18/12. Nothing has been received. Proforma messages saying Australia Post delivery problem. New proforma message stating they don’t have the stock due to 3rd party delays but they are still advertising sales and taking orders for the same items. Money is taken at time of order. Asked for a refund. Return email stated they would have to check how far along the order is at the warehouse as they may not be able to refund. Now received a new proforma stating no stock and no idea when available. Made a demand for a refund and have been told they would get back to me in 3 to 5 days. They have not.

I’ve checked Google reviews and Product review.com and it appears there are lots of people in the same position. I’ve posted on their Facebook page that I thought maybe they were going into liquidation. No reply.

Does anyone know what is happening and if I can get a refund when they are blaming a 3rd party supplier? It’s been suggested that I go to the ACCC and A Current Affair but that seems a bit over the top.

Hope this post is OK as it’s my first time posting. Thanks.

5 Likes

Welcome @Faith.
We see this all too often in posts here.
They cannot supply the items you have paid in advance for, and cannot say when they could deliver.

They are delaying and stringing this out.

If you paid by credit card then there may still be time to call your provider and get a reversal on the charge, although as it was back in December, any time left for that would be short.

Otherwise, you may just have to keep at them using their refund policy until something happens.

3 Likes

Thanks Gregr. I paid with PayPal so thought maybe they have more push if I complain to them. Not sure if they can do anything.

1 Like

OK, Paypal. They, as an escrow facility (or they once were), should have not sent any of your money to Rivers as yet, since they have not shipped any goods.
And if Paypal has sent money off, then get onto them for a reversal. They supposedly offer a total buyer guarantee.
So can you not just cancel the order?

2 Likes

The money came out of my account on the day of ordering. I filled in a form for PayPal explaining the situation but they forwarded that to rivers. I’ve heard nothing back. I didn’t think of cancelling the order so I’ll give that a go and see what happens. Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

1 Like

If the form you filled out was a disputed transaction, reason, goods ordered cannot be supplied, then that transaction should be in a held status.

Cancelling the order with Rivers will resolve the issue as they will no longer be sending you any goods. Paypal should put the money back in your account.

On the other hand, Rivers have up to 20 days from the time you lodged the disputed transaction to resolve it by shipping and delivering to you to your satisfaction the ordered goods. If they cannot, you file a claim and the money should be put back in your account.

That is my understanding of how the Paypal system works.

2 Likes

Thanks Gregr. I phoned Rivers Customer Care and it went to message bank as they have ‘too many enquiries to answer the call today’ so I’ve sent them another request. This time to cancel my order. If I don’t get a reply (which normally takes between a week and a fortnight), I might give PayPal a call as they said if it’s not resolved by the 9th March it will be closed and there’s nothing further they will do. See how I go. Thanks again.

1 Like

Go straight to file a claim for refund with Paypal. NOW.
No more mucking around.
Clearly Rivers are not interested in resolving this.
Good luck.

Hi @Faith, we would like to resolve this for you today. Please can you email us your information (Order number and best contact details), and we will have a member of our Customer Care Team watch for your email.
Thanks, Sophie - Mosaic Brands Ltd.

1 Like

Good afternoon,

The order number is […] Order date is 18.12.21. My mobile is […]. I have now put in a claim through PayPal and apparently they will be contacting you.

Edit: I PM’d @Faith regarding her post and my editing, and closed the loop with @MosaicBrandsLtd

2 Likes

An interesting post from someone connected to the service side of this problem.
And I assume one of our moderators stepped in to advise against posting personal information like phone number and help with editing the reply from the original poster.

I hope that one day, businesses will get the message that they cannot just take money from customers, fail to deliver, and then stuff them around endlessly until their refund options expire.

Hi Faith, in exactly the same position as you are, however ordered through Mosaic (Rockmans) on 17/12/21. Eventually received a partial delivery after requesting a refund, have now requested the balance of order be cancelled and refunded and getting the same generic emailed response as you. About to send another email demanding the balance of order be cancelled and refunded as per consumer rights. Very frustrating process.

3 Likes

Ordering goods online with Rockmans fashion seems like a simple process, however when it comes to delivery of orders it is a lucky dip, your order may arrive in a timely manner OR you may wait for months. Trying to contact the supplier is difficult if you have an enquiry and responses are vague and blame third parties/covid. The delivery delay issue is very common when you view online reviews and the business don’t appear to be taking steps to improve their processes. I will now avoid using their online ordering process as it’s simply too unreliable.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community. Thanks for the information.

Do you know where the products you ordered are made? It could be that they come from China, and as you no doubt heard, there are no end of issues with shipping due to COVID. It may well be as simple as that.

It would be interesting to hear if the rest of Mosaic Brands (Millers, Rockmans, Noni B, Rivers, Katies, Autograph, W. Lane, Crossroads and Beme) have the same problem with delivery.

3 Likes

The issue appears to be common with other labels under the Mosaic banner, I have now received two of the three items ordered after requesting the order be cancelled. Waited another two weeks then sent through another cancellation request which has not been actioned as the business says they are waiting for a ‘response from third parties’ (warehouse side of things I assume). Getting generic emails saying still waiting on third parties so will be sending through yet another request to cancel balance of order referring to consumer affairs and customer entitlements.

4 Likes

An older topic was merged into a newer one so posts are out of chronological order.

Perhaps @MosaicBrandsLtd will reply to what appears to be a general problem with Mosaic Brands fulfilment?

2 Likes

It is usually a P/L driven management’s over-expectation of their inadequate or sometimes poorly conceived and improperly designed/defined internal systems as well as those systems not giving their customer facing agents discretion to do more than send emails back and forth.

Many of us have experienced that, especially with offshore online merchants. On the other hand I attribute the problems with companies such as Mosaic Brands to be routine operational failure for reasons only management might know, but considering the apparently common problem the management apparently does not want to know, or might be overemployed and unable to ‘fix’ it?

Most companies do not purposefully want to put their customers off side but many are still adept at doing so. Since @MosaicBrandsLtd has appeared here it might signal more attention to customer service at their corporate level and trying to get their act together? It will be interesting to see if that presence is a once off or the beginning of ongoing engagement.

4 Likes

Hi all, thank you for voicing your concerns. Mosaic Brands has recently restructured Logistics which has meant that unfortunately in some cases, where an item you have ordered is in the process of being moved from one warehouse to another, we are not able to send your whole order at once, or, we may find that the stock was incorrectly counted and is no longer available. Stock count is manual, and from time to time we do see human error. Please know that our Customer Care Team do as much as is within their reach and are always willing to help where they can.
We do sell a vast number of items from third party suppliers which means that sometimes things are not within our control. This can include the dispatching of an order, or how fast we can answer a query.
Please continue to either phone or fill out an online Contact Us form on the website that you’ve placed an order through, and we will endeavor to resolve your issue as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Sophie - Mosaic Brands Ltd.

4 Likes

Do the on line Mosaic Brands stores very clearly identify each item that is not in the possession of Mosaic Brands in an Australian located warehouse? If I knew with some certainty where the item being ordered was held and whether it was relying on a third party supplier, perhaps it would be easier to make an informed decision concerning the purchase. If Mosaic Brands can’t provide that level of detail how is possible for Mosaic Brands to assure any order can be met?

4 Likes

Hi @mark_m - thanks for your question. Yes, all items that we sell on behalf of a third party supplier has this information on the product page itself.
Thanks, Sophie - Mosaic Brands Ltd.

3 Likes