Mosaic Brands/Rivers/Noni B/Millers etc

That happens all the time. They can’t even answer when one of the stores rings them. I have had so many issues with that group, and I no longer deal with them AT ALL.
This has been going on for a good 3 years now, and I know of 3 employees that have left because of the customer service, or more tothe point, the lack of it. They couldn’t handle all the complaints that they were getting.
At one point I was chasing them for 2 months trying to get something done
My advice, avoid them like the plaque

6 Likes

I had a similar problem with a company under the same banner recently Millers. I had been told by them thee would be a delay on shipping because off COVID and it was during Omicron.
I had paid for my goods via PayPal and after a month requested a refund which happened pretty promptly because the goods were delayed. Next minute they got shipped and when I contacted them they said they could do nothing. I ended up contacting the shipping company before it had been delivered and told them I had cancelled the order so could they not deliver it and send it back which they did.
It seems that most off their product comes through Mosaic no matter which company you order with, Millers, Noni B, Rivers etc. I am very careful when ordering with them use PayPal which means if they don’t refund I can get it going through PayPal and PayPal are very strict about companies they let use their website.

7 Likes

Hi Faith,
Sorry to hear about your predicament, I had a very similar experience with well known K online and had ordered in time for delivery before Christmas. Ha!
I kept hassling them by phone and by email, especially when they didn’t get back when they said.
In the end I sent an email and told them if they didn’t do something to either refund me, offer new clothes or tell me what the actual problem is I shall shame them on Facebook.
I received an email the next day to apologise properly and that they were going to refund me, and they did!

almost end of story except I had a previous case of unfair policy (because I’d taken the label off) and although lots of shops say that, they can’t actually enforce ‘their’ policy on you.
I had the same deal, no answer, they’re right your wrong! So I put the complaint on Facebook, they took it down, and I put it straight back up a few times.
They eventually contacted me and asked for a truce and offered me a credit to use in the shop @ $157.00 which is how much the pair of pants were that I had only tried on to show my husband and he grinned and told me I looked like I had a pair of jodpers on :rofl: lol, so of course I wanted to exchange them for a much slimmer pair!
Lastly I hate complaining but sometimes you just got to go ahead and name and shame the unfair ones.
Sorry for rattling on… and good luck with whatever you end up doing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry when I said “I had the same deal” s/b “I had a similar experience with a nice French looking little shop……

1 Like

I would like to thank Gregr and PhilT for their advise. This has now been resolved. I spoke with Sophie who I believe is one of the managers at Mosaic. Sophie organised a refund and also sent the items from 3 different warehouses. As I explained to her I review a lot of products/services and companies so it would not be ethical for me to accept the items. I have now received the packages and they are being returned to their respective warehouses. Thanks again for your advice.

8 Likes

But really, in the end, the desired outcome was not what you wanted.

You ordered some products, to be delivered in a timely manner, and that did not happen.
It took a lot of mucking around to just get your money back. And you do not have the products you wanted last year.

I admire a representative from Mosaic giving frank posts about issues on the supply side of online ordering and fulfilment, but in what universe is that the customer’s problem.

4 Likes

I filled out the forms and rang many times when I was dealing with yous., and not once did I get an answer other than the standard”ticket received “ email

1 Like

Lucky you, still waiting for resolution to the missing balance of my Rockmans order placed 17 Dec. Have now lodged dispute with PayPal as I thankfully paid via that method so hopefully will get refunded in the near future. Goods were supposedly in stock when the order was placed so I can only assume they have major issues on the warehousing/logistics side. Great shame for Mosaics as I like the product but won’t order online with them again.

3 Likes

The customer care team can only do what is allowed under the business model I assume, which appears to be a severely flawed model from my perspective as a customer who has now been waiting for resolution to missing items ordered mid December. Requests made repeatedly to cancel balance of order are given delaying tactic generic responses which are an insult to the Mosaic customer base frankly. Dispute now with PayPal for me as Mosaic are apparently unable to get their house in order.

2 Likes

I too had many problem dealings with Mosaic, which ultimately led to me writing directly to their Company Secretary, as this was the only person named (with email & street address details) on their website. Numerous dealings/obtaining “tickets” from their Customer Service automated process had led nowhere. And even then, when I specifically requested to be directly emailed, the supervisor who my letter was passed on to, chose to message me via Facebook Messenger (which I had never even mentioned in my correspondence). After responding to her message, she didn’t even have the courtesy to follow up with an answer. This was in May/June 2020. After months of non-receipt of items, dresses with skirts sewn on backwards, tops with sleeves twisted during construction, receiving ‘gift’ vouchers that could only be redeemed in a physical store, or would say an online discount voucher number had already been redeemed-when trying to use it for the first time, I unsubscribed from all emails across all the brands. I haven’t ordered from them since. The stress of playing that ‘lotto’ of “Will my order arrive, and what condition will it be in?” just got to be too much. I don’t have that sort of money to waste. After doing some online searching, I found this stuff had been going on for months before covid happened, but that had become their go-to excuse. I had naively believed that a Company that oversaw so many long-standing physical stores would be conscientious & prompt in their online dealings. Sadly, they were not, and it seems things haven’t changed.

4 Likes

About a year or so ago, I had an unfortunate interaction with mosaic (rivers). My experience may be of interest.

I ordered 8 or so items, three of which arrived in the right colour but wrong size.

I complained and was told to return the “unwanted” items, to which I replied “they are not unwanted they were not ordered, please see my order “. A small fight ensued about me having to return the items in a suitable courier bag, which I refused to purchase.

I was further told that upon rivers receiving the returned items and declaring them ok for resale, I would be processed a refund. From the time I would send the items back until I saw a refund in my CC could be 2 or 3 months.

If I still wanted the items I originally ordered, I would have to pay for them again. Rivers logic was that I am getting a refund, notwithstanding it will take a long time to reach me, so of course I have to pay again for any items I wanted. When I queried if the items I originally ordered were still available, I received a lack lustre reply. It was almost “who knows? Try your luck”.

Sensing that mosaic like most companies have staff incentivised to make sales and not process refunds, I suggested a solution.

I offered not to post the items from SYD to the VIC address, at the height of the coronavirus the slow postal service was even slower then usual but instead would, even though inconvenient for me, drive to a rivers store and return the items in person. I would ask a staff member to sign a confirmation attesting to what I returned and the condition it was returned.

I would then email the VIC office with those details including the total value of the items and send a copy to the store where I returned the items. No cash or cc refund per se would me made at the store.

With my credit balance confirmed by the store, that same day I would order the items online that never arrived in the first place without debiting my cc again.

I received the ordered items 3 weeks later.

Mosaic IMHO has a horrible customer service ethic. I recall that my suggestion of the simplest way to close this unfortunate saga would allow me to buy the goods I wanted at the store where I returned the wrong sized items. But I was told that even if they were available in that store in the colour and size I wanted, what I proposed was impossible.

Why? Because rivers online and rivers bricks and mortar operated entirely separately.

Go figure!

3 Likes

Rivers (etc) does not make it clear either way so using HN as the example #2 and 3 may be Interesting as the model to be aware of. It has been posted numerous times in various topics.

A number if businesses are operated like that. Each entity is an independent franchise or business trading under a corporate name under license, and other than the banner name have no relationship to the bricks and mortar stores of the same name.

Perhaps @MosaicBrandsLtd could clarify the Mosaic Brand business structure and relationship between online and bricks and mortar, as well as comment on what seems like a long term pattern rather than a short term transitional issue?

3 Likes

Looking through the different online multi department websites I found something I didn’t know. I believed that Mosaic had taken over ownership of Rivers/Noni B/Millers etc., however I copied an item of clothing from Rivers and pasted it onto websites such as Ezibuy, Catch, MyDeal and Kogan and found that they are also selling the same item and same Rivers/Millers etc brands.

How can a company advertise items specifically in sizes, colours etc as being in stock when they are selling over numerous large websites. (Rhetorical question.) They obviously can’t keep track.

@MosaicBrandsLtd seems to have gone missing?

1 Like

Hi @Faith, I have put this question to our Logistics Team who have advised that there are adequate stock buffers in place on each platform we supply to, to avoid overselling.
Thanks, Sophie - Mosaic Brands Ltd.

Thank you for your reply however having received emails stating, firstly, it’s a problem with Australia Post. Secondly, it’s a problem with third party suppliers and thirdly, your out of stock, (including a reply stating, ‘we may be able to cancel your order and provide you with a refund, depending on its specific status in our warehousing system’) it appears your stock buffers may not be as adequate as you are led to believe. This is also apparent by the number of complaints on a number of social media and consumer review websites. I do however thank you for the refund and hope you received the unopened returned parcels in a timely manner.

2 Likes

It appears Mosaic Brands may be a company to avoid? Promises are, but walking the talk isn’t happening.

2 Likes

I ordered several shirts and two pairs of shoes on 26 Nov.
1 shirt arrived in a few days, then an email saying there were delays together with a $20 voucher. Some more shirts arrived in early January, then the final shirt was despatched on 8 February, but no shoes. The first day I wore the 8 February shirt, the faulty dyes all ran. I emailed with photos asking for a refund on the faulty shirt. Their reply was that since I had ordered them in November they considered it fair wear and tear and refused a refund. Incensed, I replied that if they did not send the shoes within 7 days, I wanted a refund for the shoes. No response but one pair of shoes arrived in Mid March. I sent another email, demanding a refund for the shoes not received, and by yesterday still no response. I have lodged a dispute with PayPal, which I expect to have to upgrade to a claim , based on other posters here.
Other online sellers experienced issues last year, but when items were unable to be despatched, they were quick to notify customers and offer substitutes or refunds.

5 Likes

While mosaic unearths every excuse under the sun and then more to explain away the outrageous delays in getting items to customers, I note that they are silent on debiting customers the second they place their orders.

Here’s an idea that some American retailers offer: if the goods are not in the customer’s hands by a certain time, say 10 days, 14 days whatever, then the goods are free.

If Mosaic doesn’t want to go that honourable route it could at least delay debiting the customer until the goods have arrived.

Having had problems with two online orders, back in the early days of the coronavirus, before online orders ramped up I suspect, I should consider myself lucky as I only had to wait a few weeks for my purchases, which arrived initially in the wrong size, to be sorted out.

Having visited a Rivers store recently, I would recommend purchasing in person in a store and keeping a wide berth from their online division.

2 Likes

If I were you I would scoot down to the nearest rivers store with the dud shirt.
Do not mention that you bought it online unless you’re asked. Bring the receipt with you, it will indicate an online purchase.

Mention to staff that you

• only wore it a dozen times or so and the colour is running
  • you consider this to be a fault in the manufacturing
  • you don’t want a refund, you want to exchange the faulty
    shirt for another one
    *. Swap your faulty shirt for another one, hopefully fault free
    *. Leave the faulty shirt with staff to send to the warehouse
    to explain the reason they exchange it for another shirt.

In my experience with rivers, exchanging a good is always much easier and quicker than seeking a refund. I would exchange, that’s me. But if you’re set in a refund, then I hope you’re a very patient person as that could take many months.

3 Likes