Luggage

My Triplite suitcase is a couple of decades old. It’s been to Africa and America once, Europe a few times and numerous domestic trips. Recently it got run over by our camper-trailer. It still works fine, just a bit wonky. Going to Europe next year and would like something more presentable.
I checked out the Choice 2022 luggage review. There were only two check-in bags reviewed but only one recommended. Very disappointed.

2 Likes

Depending on how you plan to travel, we like our wheeled duffle bag type luggage. We travel with backpacks and also the wheeled duffle bag (dragged around with a free hand) for our child. We find them good and travel well. We got ours as a end of product line at Target very cheap about 5 years ago and it has been across Europe on a train, used domestically and to Chile.

4 Likes

I was in the long haul aviation business for 46 years so I learned a bit about suitcases etc.
What I discovered was that for me a wheeled duffel bag was ideal. Most brands allow you to shrink or expand the girth quite a bit so your kit for a 7 day trip could be packed and secured properly and so could 14 days of kit. My crews and I also discovered that our soft duffel bags tended to be less likely to be damaged by cargo handlers. A bit of a downer is the number of zips needing a TSA padlock.

5 Likes

So, that’s two strong recommendations for wheeled duffel bags as against anything else. Sounds good to me. How do we get Choice to do a review on them?

3 Likes

Hi @BobT, sorry that the luggage review didn’t contain a comprehensive look at the larger luggage type you are interested in. I’ll pass on your request to our product testing team for future consideration

2 Likes