Is anyone familiar with Senior Advantage?

Look on trustpilot where most people say its a scam

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for your contribution to this topic. Today we’ve published the result of our investigation which makes for some interesting reading: https://www.choice.com.au/health-and-body/healthy-ageing/ageing-and-retirement/articles/senior-advantage-deceptive-deals

In the course of our work we discovered, among other things, that the image of the CEO included in the welcome message - allegedly a man by the name of Richard Williams - is actually a stock photo. We also spoke to the ACCC who told us that there were a number of potential violations in the way the business was conducted.

Thanks again for your help with this story.

9 Likes

Excellent article.

Is Choice planning to send out media releases on this one…hoping the main players pick it up so that as many Australian Seniors are warned about Senior Advantage?

4 Likes

Yes, we sent one out today. I haven’t seen it myself but it’s my understanding that Channel 7 reported on it in their evening news.

4 Likes

:+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

They have taken over $200 from my account for 3 different memberships with promises of refund and trying to contact them within 24 has of payment for a refund as not useable by me but cannot send to either support@seniorsdiscounts.org or
support@seniorsadvantage.org.
I read somewhere on choice a woman got a refund so how can I find a contact email to them
Julie

1 Like

Hi @Julie1975, welcome to the community.

There was one member that indicated that they received a refund promptly…but…if more Australians, Canadians, Americans etc are realising that this is a sham organisation which takes monies for no real benefit, then they may have had a lot of requests for refunds and may not be as amenable as they have been in the past. Being based in Lithuania, I suspect that they might never give you a refund.

Notwithstanding this, if they have indicated that they will provide a refund in writing and you paid by credit card, contact your credit card issuer and request a chargeback. As you have confirmation of a refund from them and they are not obliging in making it happen, this should be sufficient grounds to hopefully have a chargeback request approved.

I would also be keeping a close eye on your credit card statements just in case they have harvested your credit card details and decide to use it fraudulently in the future. Eastern Europe/Russia is rife with sham or scam organisations which do exactly that. Possibly also mention this to your credit card provider as they may chose to issue a new card to you. If they do, make sure they assist with transferring any regular credit card payments to the new card.

3 Likes

Thankyou

2 Likes

I read their ad and without a thought joined them, even getting sucked into the 3 year membership. It was only as I looked into businesses that I use regularly and the so called savings did I realise my mistake. I promptly emailed them asking for a full refund to which I was then offered a gold membership for half price and offered a 50% refund on monies already paid. I was also told it was a once in a lifetime offer and I would never be offered it again. I replied to this email again requesting a full refund as I was not interested and this morning they have told me I will receive a full refund but it will take up to 14 days to process. Now to wait and see if I receive yet.
I learned my lesson, but how many others have been caught out

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @Silky09

Thanks for adding your experience. If you do not receive your refund timely, be sure to contact your card issuer for a chargeback (disputed charge) well before your window of eligibility for one expires.

It appears quite a few :frowning:

2 Likes

does anyone know if there is any chance of a refund for being dumb enough to subscribe to this lot?

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community @keen1,

Previous posts in this topic suggest refunds have been received, as well as other potential methods.

2 Likes

The sell continues, masquerading as a sponsored news item (openly expecting something being marketed). It is not difficult to understand how so many get suckered in.

2 Likes

I join senior advantage. It’s a scam, will not refund in 30 days as promised

Larty

3 Likes

Please (re)read the prior posts in this topic. You will have to ask for a chargeback from your card issuer. Be sure to keep evidence of your request for cancellation, and the time limits for asking for the chargeback.

Beyond that we cannot advise on what, if any, additional protections you may have in Canada.

2 Likes