Improving Choice Testing and Reviews

I see that this category has been used for feedback on the CHOICE site as well as the Community site. This is some minor feedback about the former.

I like the fact that the summary of products and their ratings in a CHOICE review includes an indication of community member reaction to each product.

However, I think it could be a little more informative. At present it only says “[n] members of the CHOICE community who reviewed this product would recommend it”, without indicating how many such reviews there were. The reader must go to the “Read what they say” link to find out if anyone has had less complimentary things to say about the product.

The uncomplimentary reviews might well be by far the majority. An example from the dishwashers review https://www.choice.com.au/home-and-living/kitchen/dishwashers/review-and-compare/dishwashers: on one product “4 members of the CHOICE community who reviewed this product would recommend it” turned out to mean that only four out of 14 would recommend it.

Would it be possible to include the total number of community reviews in the summary statement, eg “4 of 14 members of the CHOICE community who reviewed this product would recommend it”?

6 Likes