I still hate qantas

Hi Carl,

You have not shopped with us in a while and so to welcome you back, we would like to offer you $50 off when you spend $150 or more stocking up your cellar.

But hurry, this offer is only available for a limited time^.

Plus, as a Points Club Plus member you receive an additional 10% off marked prices and free delivery on all your purchases".

When you read this what does it mean to you?

Well to Qantas support it means $50 off when you spend $150 but you are not eligible 10% off marked prices
why mention it in the same sentence if it is ineligible

regardless just the behaviour of the staff, and this language is indicative of every interaction over the last 3 years, what a disgrace they are

I even lost my job at a company when Qantas double billed the employer and after me spending 50 hours on the phone over weeks with promise after promise they never fixed it
so my employer sacked me
Fair work fixed that unfairness
but big F U to Qantas

1 Like

It would be interesting to see what the T&Cs associated with the offer. This will most likely qualify the restrictions on the offer.

It appears it is two separate offers, not one. One is the $50 off if one spends $150. The second is to get 10% off with free delivery.

Both will have conditions on how to meet the requirements of the offer. It is also likely there will be conditions which say an offer can’t be used in conjunction with any other offer - which is common when businesses have more than one offer available at the same time.

The “Plus, …//… you receive an addittional 10% off and free delivery”" part means it is an addition to the first offer not a separate offer. I would read it that way. T&Cs would certainly need to be read in conjunction with the offer, but to me the language in that release is certainly making a strong impression that they are a combined offer.

Thanks for reading
basically they are simply lazy in the writing of promotional materials as the main body has one carat ^

^ Offer ends 7 February 2024. Qantas reserves the right to withdraw or extend this sale at any time. This offer is only valid for the recipient of this email and cannot be shared or forwarded. Each voucher code can only be used once. One code per customer. Excludes champagne/sparkling, beer/cider, Penfolds, spirits and wine subscriptions.

But the fine fine print with no matching citations mentions ††
and at the end of the day wasnt about that so much as the lazy non sensical replies they give like you are wrong because x without even pointing to the mistake in citation
while assuming i know the 30th line in a 100 line 6pt font says it will not work.

Important information

^ Offer ends 7 February 2024. Qantas reserves the right to withdraw or extend this sale at any time. This offer is only valid for the recipient of this email and cannot be shared or forwarded. Each voucher code can only be used once. One code per customer. Excludes champagne/sparkling, beer/cider, Penfolds, spirits and wine subscriptions.

^^ Earn Qantas Points: Qantas Frequent Flyer members who are not Qantas Wine Premium members will earn 1 Qantas Point per dollar spent and Qantas Wine Premium members will earn 3 Qantas Points per dollar spent on Eligible Products and Services purchased through qantaswine.com. Qantas Points can be earned on cash only purchases and the cash component of Points Plus Pay purchases on eligible products. The earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions. Allow up to 6 weeks for Qantas Points to appear in your Qantas Frequent Flyer account.

†† Points Club members will receive complimentary Qantas Wine Premium membership for the duration of their Points Club membership. Points Club Plus members will receive complimentary Qantas Wine Premium membership, plus an additional 10% discount on marked prices at Qantas Wine on all products, excluding Penfolds, for the duration of their Points Club Plus membership. 10% discount will be applied at checkout and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer or voucher code, except for the Points Club Plus birthday vouchers. To activate the complimentary Qantas Wine Premium membership, Points Club and Points Club Plus members will need to log into qantas.com/wine and the Qantas Wine Premium membership will automatically be added to their cart and benefits will be applied. For more information on Points Club visit qantas.com/pointsclub.

I’d be inclined to believe that
but because they plopped in a , Plus continuation they inadvertently bound two together

I took the plus as plus another offer, not both offers joined together.

The offers state:

10% discount will be applied at checkout and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer

One could read it either way, but even if it was read as joined, the fine print outlined above indicates they aren’t.

I can relate to imprecision and how it affects consumer attitude. My initial read of the offer was per @carlos that is was $50 as well as the 10% discount, but on second reading agree it is unclear as well as unlikely based on personal experience with such offers. If it was the former then it becomes dependent on the order of operations as to what it might mean.

No pesky ‘*’ or fine print on the order of operations to be seen. Atop the wine we had a $50-ish meal. Whether one thinks I was right or not, they lost $416 in sales for standing pat on $2.

It gets stranger too
its funny because 1, 2 or 3 times in a year Qantas sends bonus vouchers (not called birthday vouchers) , Retain and Attain

Celebrate with two $50 Qantas Wine vouchers
Whether it’s champagne, shiraz or sauvignon blanc, enjoy a special treat with two $50 Qantas Wine vouchers. Vouchers will be in My account when you attain or retain Points Club or Points Club Plus.<<

these are however eligible for the offer as i tried and those ‘Vouchers’ despite the terms loosely excluding them

10% discount will be applied at checkout and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer or voucher code, except for the Points Club Plus birthday vouchers.

Basically Qantas and their language has been hell not just here but in many public support interactions with me in Qantas Club, Wine, Flights and Frequent Flyer support channels,
I certainly won’t continue putting effort in Qantas FF anymore, Virgin has been better to me.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Qantas Frequent Flyer issues