House and contents insurance detail errors caused by the insurer

We have had the same thing happen with Suncorp many times but our latest renewal notice was actually correct.

We have also had an interesting experience regarding renewing our home & contents insurance since my posts in another topic on 30.12.2019 & 02.01.2020.

In addition to the 8 companies I have listed, I also tried to get online quotes from Coles, Woollworths, Real and Budget Direct after I saw them spruiking as to how great they had been in paying out for bushfire claims.

Three of them advised as soon as I entered our address that they do not cover our area but the clowns at Budget Direct waited until I had fully completed the form and was awaiting the quote before statng they do not cover our area, but they would get someone else to contact me, and Sure rang the next day, so they effectively collected all our details for no service offered.

Perhaps they have been watching their puerile Captain Risky and X Files TV ads too much.

I am surprised that several members of the forum are using NRMA as they were the dearest by far at just under $4,100.

Youi were the cheapest at just over $1,550 but I was not comfortable with going with them.

4 Likes