The consumer authorities do not appear to act on every complaint

No. I was using Product Review as an excellent example of the power of the internet to warn consumers about disreputable and unscrupulous businesses.

I note your comment that you work for an insurance company.

After receiving our home & contents renewal notice this month from our long standing provider, I obtained online quotes from 6 other companies, and the prices for our existing company and the other 6 ranged from around $1,500 to around $4,000 for virtually identical cover.

The 7 companies are AAMI, APIA, Comminsure, NRMA, RACQ, Suncorp & Youi, and 6 of them have abysmal reviews on Product Review, which is hardly surprising considering the disgusting revelations at the recent royal commission.

However, businesses who provide outstanding customer service such as Weber and My Pet Warehouse enjoy excellent ratings on Product Review, so there is obviously no underhand actions by their competitors to attempt to tarnish their image.

Whilst I have not posted ay reviews on Product Review to date, I have posted many reviews on TripAvisor, of which the majority have been good whilst a handful were a well deserved bad.

I have also posted regarding quite a few good and bad experiences on the Choice Community but there are simply not enough member posts regarding most products and services to allow consumers to form an accurate opinion on individual suppliers or products.

2 Likes