Has anyone heard about Code Trader?

Yes, Richard Wilkins is a victim too.
Listen to all the advice here and hopefully others won’t get caught as you said.
Thankyou for everyone’s information you helped me with.:blush:

1 Like

Gregr,
Thankyou, I didn’t get that far into the website because within a minute of me putting in my email and phone number, my phone started ringing non stop. Thankfully it’s ceased bar one call since I replied and asked them to stop.
That’s something I suppose.

1 Like

@phb I think you’re saying that there’s a real trader and a scam one.
Hope we are not giving publicity to the scam :pray:

1 Like

It is becoming more common that scammer will adopt the names of genuine businesses to perpetuate their scams. Examples have occurred within the community from time to time where say a heavy equipment scammer will adopt the name of a genuine business to try and avoid being caught out before the scam is completed. This also occurs more recently with scammers spoofing business phone numbers and sending text messages so they look like they have come from the business who number they have spoofed.

One must be on guard as it is very easy to assume that a message/email/phone call is from a particular business, when in fact it is from a scammer preying on the unsuspecting to catch a victim and their money.

It is very obvious that TheCodeTrader and TraderCode are scam websites. TheCodeTrader is also highly likely to be a reincarnation of TraderCode as scammer move onto new names to keep in front of victims and the authorities.

2 Likes

Just stay away from cryptocurrency trading full stop.

If you must dabble in this area then buy from a reputable broker and store yourself in a digital wallet (make sure you triple backup).

So actually none of the names you gave beforehand were correct. This explains how you got contradictory replies about computer trading, bitcoin trading and other matters than may or may not be relevant. There is not much value in telling people to go looking for “code trader” when that is not the name.

1 Like

Yes, I think there can be confusion between the risky but genuine cryptocurrency investments and fake (scams) digital investments.
Just agreeing that the topic here is about an investment which @Pachy was curious about but it’s a scam purporting to be a digital investment.
Sometimes people get curious and want to see the website for themselves and might fall into a trap. Best to keep away from that website.

2 Likes

syncretic,
I’m sorry about the mix up in the name. The logo on the email I got had Code Trader on it however when I went to check on line what I had seen about Richard Wilkins and channel nine it had the trader.com. Thats why I had both names. When I put the first post I wasn’t aware of that.

1 Like

Absolutely!!

*o to Settings>Phone>Silence unknown numbers>Toggle: On.

I’m with Telstra (mobile) and don’t have thi on menu

1 Like

Do you know the make and model of the phone…or the phones operating system and version number? Such may provide other members with key information of whether your phone has such capabilities and if it does, how it can be done.

1 Like

I am not sure silencing unknown numbers is a good idea. Just because a number is not in your address book on the phone doesn’t mean it couldn’t be a call you want to take.

I just let unknown numbers go through to message service. If they are not scammers or cold callers, most will leave a message. And I can call back.

2 Likes

Hi @ijdavies
From the web: No matter your phone carrier, iPhones iOS 13 or later have this feature. It’s off by default and needs to be turned On.
It can be done on Android too:

• Open your ‘phone’ app.
  • Tap More.
  • Tap Settings. Blocked number.
  • Turn on Unknown.

Hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Normally I’d agree, but there are times when scammers get spam fever and I’m not in the mood to oblige them.

Silenced calls go to voicemail anyway ( on iPhones at least). And the feature can be turned on or off as we wish

1 Like

So don’t answer the unknown calls. They tend to come in waves and will die off once it is realised that the target is not answering.

Cold callers and scammers are not going to waste time calling numbers that are never answered.

And all I need to do is look at the caller id on my phone as it is ringing to decide to answer or not. Sometimes I answer and it is important. Mostly it is a cold caller or scammer and have some fun screwing them around. :rofl:

For those using an android phone, an alternative is to use Google Call Screening. An automated software agent will answer the call, then ask the caller to identify themselves and state the reason for their call. You can watch the text of the agent’s script scroll across your screen in real time. It’s entertaining to see how much of that the scammer will listen to before they hang up.

4 Likes

It’s not in our best interest to engage with scammers, it certainly does not bother them but could be dangerous for us.

2 Likes

My phone number, my name, and my address are all in the public domain. As are all of us unless we live in a cave somewhere with no outside contact.

Dealing with phone calls who are cold callers or scammers is so easy. Just give no information they are asking for, or give false information to screw up the information gathering.

Hi Scott,
Thankyou for that information, I am still getting between 5 & 10 calls a day from them.
Bearing in mind I’m really not “techy” could you please tell me how to set that up?
Thankyou,

Hi Pachy,
the text in my original message that is blue is a hyperlink to the relevant Google support page. If you click that text, your browser should open up that page with full step-by-step instructions.

3 Likes