❓ Hard word

29 Nov is Friday, making 30 Nov Sat, but the sale goes through Sunday?

5 Likes

Then Cyber Monday starts so it never ends…

5 Likes

Yes, the ‘black Friday’ sale is still on at the Southland shopping centre where I’m having a coffee now.
Yesterday the nice young man at Telstra told me that as soon as he was off work he would go and do some Xmas shopping, as there was a Black Friday sale on.
Even those working at this shopping
centre didn’t know Friday lasted longer than usual, this time!
Pretty soon we’ll have a whole new language to learn :wink:

3 Likes

My partner is still asking why yesterday was not the 13th.

I simplified it by suggesting it was a very American thing to celebrate Thanks Giving with a shopping bonanza. Any excuse will do. ‘Charge It’ was a long forgotten catch cry. Were the Flintstones entertainment or a long ad for consumer credit services?

I skipped the 13th bit as she had already accepted it has no real meaning to this weekends extravaganza of shopping ecstasy!

How easy it is to explain stuff away when it is based on the whim of another nation? :thinking:
(Gulf War excepted!) sorry, off topic there.

4 Likes

Thank you @mark_m
On Thursday a friend invited me to go to a chocolate shop with her to celebrate Thanksgiving day.
To me any excuse for having chocolate will do, but I don’t usually celebrate Thanksgiving!

But I didn’t make the connection with the next day being Black Friday sales.
Still doesn’t explain Friday going on until Sunday and ‘Cyber monday’ what is that?:thinking: :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Methinks some may not have noticed the days and dates on my prior submission post.

In American ‘Black Friday’ is the name of the sale, not that it is only on that day. Same for ‘Cyber Monday’. Those are the names of the sales and their start (and only sometimes ending) days.

Note the red text stating the sale is for a limited time, 29-30 Nov, but then states it ends Midnight Sunday.

That is the ‘Hard word’.

4 Likes

You are totally right @PhilT
I am completely and utterly confused!
:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Edit: must explain that I’m not confused about the ‘Hard word’ but about the names of the sales and how long they
last and about the fact that I’ve never noticed this sales before. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Lucky I received this at 2:25PM on 2/12 or I might not have known.

edit: Also came via their app at the same time so not just a delayed email. Hard word? Or just NBN advisories at their best?

4 Likes

Better late than never???

2 Likes

Maybe getting in early for next year and just stuffed up the year in the date 2019 instead of 2020.

2 Likes

You’d better be there bang on midnight Santa or else

^^^

4 Likes

Free of alcohol. Contains… alcohol?

8 Likes

Maybe they mean’t ‘no ethanol’…rather than any forms of alcohol.

On face value, it does seem that the manufacturer didn’t proof the label very well.

5 Likes

A lot to break down here. Anyone fancy microwaved maltesers?

4 Likes

Or,

The Marketing Team has no knowledge of the product aside from the intended market.

Are the Business Management Team knowingly overlooking the difference, or are they simply ignorant of the facts?

Not a strong recommendation for the product line or business which ever answer you choose.

1 Like

Lifetime Warranty for 3 years :smiley:

7 Likes

Definitely a contender!

3 Likes

BEEF BURGERS???
Reality: only 3 patties equally weighing 439g, meat content ??
Label claims: 4 patties equally weighing 520g, meant content 100% beef 100% pork

4 Likes

priceless - and they’ve stuck 223 in there also !!

3 Likes

They obviously print the labels prior to packaging as 4 patties plus the packaging would weight more than 520 gm.

They also obviously miscounted the number of patties.

I loved the part stating “Made in Australia from at least 100% Australian ingredients”. Perhaps their premium version has 110% Australian ingredients?