Energy bill comparison sites

Welcome @RSB.

Note one of the Mods may move your post to a similar topic on the same general subject.
EG Best electricity providers - #23 by PhilT

I’ve similar observations and experiences to yours from this year and last year including using the Energy Made Easy resources. The EME site is far from easy to get the best from, although it is attempting the impossible given the 100’s of different plans now listed.

Previously I’ve been able to obtain better offers than those indicated as best and more recently advised certain offers are not able to be offered, subject to special approval!

That some of the better known retailers sites and apps send one off of the EME site part of the way through searching their offers also causes my pressure relief valve to vent. I still need a convoluted spread sheet pen and paper to make sense of any offer. I’m still finding ways to better use and understand the results the EME site returns. The site may still be evolving?

Note:
The EME site if you do seek out Demand based residential tariffs does direct you to discuss these with the retailer. The EME site does not return these in the searches as the lowest cost unless one specifically selects that option. They may not be depending on how you use electricity.

2 Likes