Easy Meals and Snacks reviews

No refusal, they did not offer and we did not ask because their posted return/refund policy does not include that, nor does the ‘satisfaction guarantee’ on the box. It only references a no questions asked satisfaction based refund. There was an undated ‘user’ hit on the net regarding the policy being replace and refund, but I could not find that on/at Woolies. Got a reference link?

OTOH a refund and replacement is applicable to their ‘fresh or free’ ranges (eg unpackaged perishables).

If you got a refund and replacement for a ‘boxed meat’ you have done well, or I was done.

A link to Woollies PDF regarding refunds.

http://wowlink.woolworths.com.au/cmgt/wcm/connect/2f3e9d80433d3aa98b8d9ba521a80a40/Returns_Policy_Supermarkets+_Customer.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

And under the “Fresh or Free Guarantee” section.

Fresh or Free Guarantee

The Supermarkets Returns Policy applies to our Fresh or Free Guarantee for any food items ( items consumed by Human beings) sold within the supermarket or in our website excluding non food items such as toiletries, electricity ,household product, general merchandise ,tobacco , liquor, Gift cards and ePay .

And a link to the description of Woollies “Fresh or Free Guarantee”.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/discover/about-us/returns-policy#:~:text=Under%20our%20Fresh%20or%20Free,Some%20exclusions%20may%20apply.

1 Like

Well, way too late for me to do anything about it. Receipt and packaging long gone. but what it means is that I wont be getting it again, or the pies. Its probably as well, the pies play merry hell with my BGLs!

I dont usually get all bent out of shape over these issues, I just remove such things from my shopping list. Its not my loss, I reckon. Not really.

Yes, not being argumentative, but it applies to fresh foods, not prepacks as implemented in our experience. We have had refunds and replacements for bad apples, berries, other produce, products from the deli case, and ‘store wrapped’ (eg fresh not prepacked) products.

The most common fail has been bad berries under the top layer in a tray, or a similarly hidden rotten apple (less common) in a wrapped 1 kg pack.

Yes, all fresh foods. Fresh produce, meat, dairy, deli, bakery, etc.

I find that Woollies also extend it to any Woollies branded product as well.

What a shame that Coles does not participate.

You can still lodge feedback on their website…indicate that you don’t have the receipt or packaging anymore, but wish to raise the quality of that particular product with them.

If you use their loyalty card, post feedback when logged in as they will have a record of past purchases when using the loyalty card in store. Just let them know approximately when it was purchased.

1 Like

I stopped buying Herbert Adans pies ages ago and occasionally bought Four n Twenty Angus pies.

I sometimes buy Balfours pies and pasties which aren’t too bad but the best I have ever found for factory pies and sausage rolls are Garlo’s fresh ones which Coles stock in the butter aisle and sometimes also have pies unpackaged on display in the deli.

Delicious pies and the tastiest mini sausage rolls I have ever eaten.

Not cheap but worth the price although I always watch out for markdowns.

I bought a Coles Mexican Hot Roast Chicken marked down to half price yesterday.

The full price was $12 in comparison to the normal Coles chicken at $10.

It was absolutely disgusting. The stuffing was awful and the spice had permeated the meat thus spoiling the usual delicious flavour and texture of the normal product.

In stark contrast to the Peri Peri Hot Roast Chickens Woollies were selling, Coles attempt at adding flavour has failed miserably, and the extra $2, or $1 in my case, is adding insult to injury.

P.S.
I returned it to Coles this afternoon and got my money back.

I have been buying packs of 12 Garlo’s mini sausage rolls when marked down at our local Coles.

They are absolutely delicious and certainly the nicest factory made sausage rolls we have ever eaten with no greasy taste left in ones mouth or grease on ones fingers.

I also buy their meat pies and chicken pies when I see them marked down, and they are also delicious.

https://shop.coles.com.au/a/earlville/everything/search/Garlos?pageNumber=1

https://www.garlospies.com.au/

1 Like

I have been buying these rolls when marked down at our local Coles and they are delicious.

Much nicer than any other spring rolls Coles sell.

3 Likes

An article regarding the history of Garlo’s Pies.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/nrl-star-hit-jackpot-selling-unusual-food-blew-up-when-pandemic-hit/ar-BB19mtAk?ocid=msedgntp

1 Like

THE GREAT SAUSAGE ROLL JUDGING IS NOW FINALISED.

I bought a marked down pack of National Pies mini sausage rolls at our local Woollies along with another marked down pack of Garlo’s mini sausage rolls at our local Coles yesterday.

I have just eaten 2 of the National Pies ones for lunch and I was very disappointed. The filling was very hard and lacks the pepper and herb flavours of the Garlo’s ones, and I was left with the usual greasy taste in my mouth.

Thankfully, I only bought one pack.

The ones I occassionally make myself when we have room in the freezer to store them are much nicer.

The judge has unanimously selected Garlo’s sausage rolls as the best factory sausage rolls in Australia.

The National Pies ones have been awarded the consolation prize of a wooden spoon.

1 Like

I bought a marked down pack of Coles Kitchen Black Bean Chicken & Egg Fried Rice the other day and ate it for lunch.

https://shop.coles.com.au/a/earlville/product/coles-black-bean-chicken-egg-fried-rice

It was the most disgusting attempt for fried rice that I have ever seen or tasted, and the small pieces of chicken were actually the toughest chicken I have ever come across.

Unfortunately, I did not take a photo of it for the Pack Shots topic.

“Temporarily unavailable”? It should be permanently unavailable.

1 Like

I bought a pack of Coles Kitchen Butter Chicken marked down by 60% and I ate it for lunch yesterday.

https://shop.coles.com.au/a/earlville/product/coles-curry-pot-meal-butter-chicken

Whilst Butter Chicken is not one of my favourite curries, this one was very tasty and had plenty of delicious sauce, albeit that pieces of chicken were small.

I would buy this one again.

1 Like

Whilst at our local Coles yesterday, I spotted some packs of Maggie Beer Creamy Coconut Curry which had been placed in the “last chance” section of the dairy section, marked down to just 10 cents per pack from the $6.00 special price this week.

https://shop.coles.com.au/a/national/product/maggie-ber-creamy-coconut-curry

I assumed that it was a cooking sauce as I do not have my reading glasses, or a magnifining glass, when I go out, but it was actually labelled as a meal for two.

I also bought a kilo of raw tiger prawns marked down to $13.50/kg.

After I peeled the prawns today, we simmered the Maggie Beer pack contents over a low heat on our gas cooktop and added a couple of tins of coconut cream, and when it was suitably emulisified, I then added the prawns and let it simmer until the prawns were soft and everything had blended.

We ate it with some freshly cooked Basmati rice, cooked to perfection in our Sunbeam Rice Cooker.

My wife does not like many spicy foods but she absolutely loved this dish.

PS.

Hi Maggie Beer,

Please feel free to use my cooking tips without any royalties.

1 Like

I spotted some packs of Coles Beef Massaman Curry With Rice marked down to $2.60 each at our local Coles today so I grabbed a couple.

https://shop.coles.com.au/a/national/product/coles-asian-beef-massaman-curry-with-rice-meal

I just had one for lunch and it was excellent.

The curry glistened like a good curry should. The beef was very lean with just one small piece of fat and no grizzle in it.

I ate all the curry and our little dog helped finish the rice.

1 Like

I recently saw a pile of Coles Kitchen Loaded Supreme Pizzas marked down from $5 each to a mere 75 cents each so I bought a couple.

We ate one topped with some extra shredded cheese and it was delicious.

I can honestly state taht it was the nicest 75 cent pizza I have ever tasted.

1 Like

I have been buying Woolworths Beef Ragu Lasagne for many months when it is on special and/or marked down.

We just add some gratted cheese on top and share it for lunch, and it is the nicest factory lasagne I have ever tasted.

Many other people must think so too as our local Woolies is constsntly running out of stock, often in just a couple of days of putting fresh stock out on display.

1 Like

I have tried other land shanks from other shops. The meat isnt to bad but tbe sauce is bit to thick and cwn taste the difference compared to make yourself.

2 Likes

I bought a couple of packs of Dineamic Swedish Style Meatballs With Linguine, Kale, & Mushroom from Coles which were marked down to a mere $1.49 each, and my wife and I shared one for lunch yesterday.

The pasta and the sauce were nice and the meatballs were delicious. We are having the second pack for lunch today.

We have never eatien Swedish meatballs before, but if Ikea’s Swedish meatballs are like these, then no wonder they have a cult following.

1 Like