Do you use a pill box? šŸ’Š

I used two pillboxes concurrently when I had two cats who were on different daily meds. The dose in some cases involved quarter-tablets of a small plain white tablet - easy to confuse with others, and easy to crumble apart if you didnā€™t cut and store the pill carefully.

In addition to all the other good points on this thread, I needed to see easily which box was for which cat, so I had a white box for one cat and a blue box for the other. Could be an important consideration if there are multiple people in the household all needing to use a pillbox - make sure not to mix them up.

5 Likes

Having different coloured boxes in the same type is an unusual feature. I use a pink one for my night time tablet and blue for day. With halved tablets, and varying doses, and lately a change in dose, I have to set up the contents for the week very carefully. I hope your cats are good about taking their medicine, when you take such good care of them.

3 Likes

Yeah nah: THE FUNNY FILE - PMC

2 Likes

I agree that with some brands the lids can snap off.

With other brands the writing can wear off easily.

To stop the writing wearing off you can simply apply a 2cm long strip of clear sticky tape over the writing or you could apply a coat of clear nail varnish.

It is quite astounding that a simple item for storing pills can be so badly designed and have such poor durability. So many manufacturers are only concerned with profits and foist cheap and nasty products on to unsuspecting consumers.

5 Likes

Indeed but thatā€™s a rather bigger problem than just pill boxes. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @Faith, would it be OK to use your image in our CHOICE review of pill boxes to show the deterioration over time?

Hi @OriginalMick - Iā€™d like to use your pill boxes image in our buying guide if thatā€™s OK with you, showing the wear and tear?

Sure you can, not a problem with that.
Mick Hacklin

2 Likes

Thanks, Mick :grinning:

Of course. Thatā€™s fine. :slightly_smiling_face:

Our pill box review and guide is now here. Read it below:

2 Likes