Delayed deliveries - what are your rights?

I am right now dealing with a delivery via Aramex that is driving me up the proverbial wall. Order went in to Dick Smith/OneShup via website on 8 Sept. Fortunately I paid with Paypal, as will become clear. Notification the item was shipped next day.Tracked as being in Melb, 30 Sept, tracked to be in Sydney. First alleged attempt at delivery was Monday 11 Oct, with a card allegedly left (not that we could find) then 7;08 am 12th Oct. We were home, no sign. Rang Aramex then, told they would try again. I asked that they ring my moblie either when it was on the way, or at delivery. Waited 12th and 13th (home all day) with Front door open so we could hear them. Nothing. Then I get notification that it is tracked as delivered. “Signature” is one word of my 4 word name, no actual proof of delivery sighted. Rang Aramex today, might actually be getting to the bottom of the mystery. We think, from overhearing some swearing in the backgound and some questions about it being an apartment (no, it is a house, fronts on to street, no locked gates or other impediments), they have delivered to # name Street, different suburb, instead of # Name Road, our suburb. So our two 1m x 1m garden beds might be sitting outside an apartment building on the North Shore, rather than our house in the Inner West of Sydney. “Oh S&%t indeed”.
Have also logged dispute with seller, and via Paypal. That ‘might’ get their attention.

1 Like