CHOICE membership

Best electricity providers

We rate the best retailers for pricing, customer service and environmental sustainability over the past 12 months.

Tweeted a link to it and shared the SE Qld infographic. Notably Origin while mentioned for good customer service was in none of the lists of best providers.

Thanks @grahroll! :+1:

Shame there wasn’t enough responses for Diamond Energy. Have been using them for a few years now and they are great. (I’m in SE Qld).

Thanks Brendan. However a new problem.
I have noticed with huge dismay that in the last few days of mid-July South Australia has quietly removed time of day pricing for all new retail accounts. Note that there is only one wholesaler - SA Power Networks - and I suspect we are seeing government mandated monopoly price gouging that the ACCC could/should be interested in.

We were just in the process of reviewing our existing supplier’s charges against the market when the time of day plans started to be withdrawn. There are now none.

Based on my Apr-Jul quarter consumption my power bill will increase by $700 annually (or 42%) for the best of the new plans. Clearly, we will stay on our current Simply Energy contract for as long as we can make it last.

Is there anything Choice can do to help nip this in the bud? South Australia will be very grateful.

Thanks for the information @Baycreek, I’ve passed this on to our campaigns team for consideration. Further comments as the situation develops are welcome.