Best e-readers

It might for some, I have no trouble holding mine with one hand for hours, it is an 8in screen more like a paper book size than kindles that are nearer 6in. I would find a smaller screen less useful. If your sight is very poor a larger font on a small screen is going to have you turning pages quickly - unless reading speed declined along with eyesight. As with so many things it depends on your individual needs. I prefer to have fewer but more capable devices.

1 Like

There is more to e-reading than Kindle or Kobo (I have one of each and almost never use them)… there are a couple of places that will sell alternatives, and ship to Australia. Of course we can’t see them in action as we can with the K brands. I’ll find a couple of links if that’s wanted.

2 Likes

Hi @SueW

It might be useful for some of the site visitors if you could kindly provide some links to those devices you would recommend. Thank you for your advice and help, it is appreciated.

The ebook is brilliant for me. I do read some {free} Kindle books on a tablet, but the ebook keeps my text size settings, the screen is backlit so less strain on my eyes, and I can read without a light or torch. And the charge lasts days. Open the cover, and read - no distraction from email, social media or news.