Anyone else with courier deliveries missing in action.? Any solutions?

I made the dumb mistake of placing an expensive shopping order to be delivered by Couriers Please. Tracking shows parcels were picked up on 30 November and went into a depot on 6 and 7 December and no more, I appreciate it is busy and there are staff shortages but every other purchase I made the same day has been delivered, including overseas purchases. The missing parcels only had to go 12 km. Couriers Please promised delivery by yesterday but nada and no change in tracking. I’ve contacted the business I bought from and the couriers but I can’t get any information. Has anyone else successfully resolved a problem like this and if so how?

2 Likes

I purchased an item from ebay. The seller sent it using Fastway Aramex. The last scan is 8 Dec in Sydney (destination Melbourne). The Aramex web site shows Melbourne is seriously backed up. A query to Aramex has not been responded to in their service level time.

I contacted the ebay seller asking for a refund and that they should make a claim for their loss to Aramex. That process has a few days remaining to play out.

edit: The last scan remains 8 Dec in Sydney but the item was delivered this afternoon, 20 Dec. ebay case closed. The delay was compounded by their [not a] tracking system. @Laurel128, a few courier services use local contractors for delivery and sometimes none will take a delivery if there is not enough money in it – the package languishes until there is another for that area or management gets on the case. Tracking? Chuckles.

Depending if you want the item from that seller you could similarly advise the seller you want a refund and if not forthcoming contact your card issuer for a chargeback for non-delivery. Unless you specified Couriers Please and it is thus on yourself to deal with Couriers Please, this should be on the business to make good and get their own restitution.

Both Couriers Please and Fastway Aramex have dated mentions on the Community, none being very flattering.

4 Likes

Hi @Laurel128, welcome to the community.

The first question is when you ordered the item, did Couriers Please provide an indication of the likely delivery time? Depending on the information provided and whether this date has passed, this may be something you can rely on when following up Courier Please to the location/delivery time of your parcel.

Their contact details to follow up and lodge a complaint are:

• customerservice@couriersplease.com.au.
  • 1300 361 000.
  • 5-7 Shirley St. 2142. Rosehill. Australia.

If they didn’t provide an expected delivery date, then it comes down to what delivery time could be seen as being reasonable by a reasonable person. In normal times (not at Christmas and no impacts from staffing), a reasonable time might be within days or a weeks or more. Around Christmas, delivery times can be expected to be longer, along with challenges faced with finding drivers to delivery (though vacancies or off through Covid infections). The time frame of a couple or days/weeks might not be reasonable at this time. (It is worth noting that Australia Post warns its customers of lengthy delivery times in the lead up to Christmas and usually sets dates well in advance of when postage needs to be made such that the item arrived by Christmas. These times are about 2-3 times that which would usually be expected in ‘normal’ times).

It could then be anticipated that a reasonable person would expect that a Courier Please parcel would arrive potentially 2-3 times the timeframes which would exist under ‘normal’ times.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Seems curious that it took a week to get to the depot, of course that could mean it took a week to get scanned at the depot.

Three weeks (tomorrow) to travel 12km? That even makes Australia Post look good, even at their worst (excepting when the lose parcels entirely - watch this space I guess).

If they were intended for Christmas, perhaps asking CP if you could do a depot pickup, if you have transport - in the (remote) area I live, I always go that first up as it can take a while otherwise (record so far is 2 weeks for a forklift to deliver from the depot to my company, 100 metres away - after I called and wound them up).

Alternatively cancel the order - that might at least inspire some ownership of the problem with the original vendor?

I know companies always say Christmas is a difficult time - like its a surprise? In the past I remember companies, including Australia Post, working longer hours and weekends to meet demand - maybe that is truly a thing of the past …

4 Likes

Did the missing parcel have tp travel 12 KMs from the place of purchase to the Couriers Please depot or to your home location ?

2 Likes