Woolworths meat and pricing

Yes I have seen them as per each in an online order no I have not seen them in store and I don’t expect to as they will be by weight.

If you think there is a simple solution to the problem without any compromises then say what it is, otherwise accept that there are various solutions to the timing issue of online ordering of variable priced items and that woolies picking one is a choice not incompetence.

2 Likes

Online shopping seems to incur a premium or additional cost - if not in the catalogue.
Online prices are higher than in store in my experience, when I’ve checked for products online, then bought in store. Perhaps not all products just random ones?! Average seems around 50 cents - per item - adds up!!

3 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: RECYCLING : is it a farce in Australia?

I guess there are just 2 camps, you are either a
Woolworth or Coles person… me personally, I prefer Coles but unfortunately we have 3 Woolworth in walking distance (Marrickville) and one of them is Woolis Metro… what I mostly object to is with some products they just have their brand… example: I needed Haloumi and all they had was their Haloumi.(at Woolworth Metro) I always travel further to get to a Coles… I hope the Coles online shopping will work for you…

2 Likes

I had my I think, 4th delivery from Coles l last Saturday. I did take notice of their packing Stuff all over the place , meat with vegetables, disinfectant with fruit . Just as you described. I’ll get used to it. Really despise Woolworths for sending me crap meat for 2 years.

1 Like

I shop online at WW, and I guess you shop online too. The order and payment can be days before the actual meat is chosen, so there is no way they can tell what the final price will be until the day it is delivered. They always refund the money quickly so I have no problem with this.

4 Likes

Refund is good. Not many choices in the meat departments. I only noticed that with my recent change to Coles online shopping

1 Like

I agree. I have this problem with lamb cutlets. There will be between 7 and 12 per pack from memory. I often buy 2 packs and freeze the rest just to ensure I have enough.

2 Likes

I understand your issue. With limited funds and your particular circumstances, this must be difficult for you. I use Woolworths regularly but add notes to the shopper if necessary. For instance, when I wanted a leg of pork for xmas day, the variation was quite large. I wrote in the note section that I would prefer around the 2kg mark and the shopper picked one that was 2.1kgs. If you don’t already do that, maybe you could try it?

5 Likes

Agreed. The shopper notes are excellent. I didn’t notice that option in coles shopping.

Support LOCAL! Instead of the Corporations :slight_smile:

1 Like