Women's and men's razors

I actually have two questions from this evening’s dinner conversation with Mrs Postulative:

1. Is there any functional difference between women’s and men’s razors, or is it all about colour and price?
  2. Does the number of blades matter? I know razors come with two, three, four or more razors - but does that make any actual difference to the quality of the shaving experience?
7 Likes

Don’t know how accurate this is, but may explain some differences…

Or these ones as well…

It would be interesting to hear from someone who has used a ‘Brand X’ women’s and ‘Brand X’ men’s razors with same number of blades in the same body regions…to see if the differences are real or just marketing hype.

4 Likes

Back in the dark ages I recollect the more mature ladies in the household shaving legs, while the blokes de-bearded their faces.

The safety razor blades used by both were the same product from the same packet, as was the blade holder (aka razor).

We have apparently evolved differently since then, such that simply colour coding pink for girls and blue for boys is no longer sufficient.

Possibly not a lot? Two blades seems better than one, but three or four seems to provide no improvement. After nearly 50 years it still takes two passes to get it right, irrespective of the blade design?

5 Likes

Much time and money would be saved if both men and women just let it all grow except for snipping around the mouth when eating becomes too difficult. The cost isn’t just in razors and blades, foams, gels and lotions but in huge amounts of hot water. If anybody really need to accessorize how about using a touch of dye or some coloured ribbon or beads artfully knotted into your natural cover? I read that purple pits are all the rage.

If evolution wanted us to shave, our fingernails would be much sharper.

2 Likes

We have put female refill cartridges into male razor handles, and vice versa, with no problems.

4 Likes