WindsorMail.com.au scratchie prize draws

It appears many Choice members have similar experiences of the promotion. Perhaps not too many have experience of buying from “windsormail.com.au”. Choice members by nature are likely more cautious than the average shopper.

Should we now simply move on?
IE leave those who are not members of Choice to enjoy the benefits of paying a higher price in return for a free trinket and the remote possibility of winning some cash in a draw?

It’s really no different to kids putting money in a soft toy arcade amusement. Sometimes the crane grab succeeds, sometimes not. I prefer the versions loaded with selectively aged chocolate treats. If you enjoy a beer and your own company there are always the pokies. The psychology seems similar in all these instances.

The tradition of offering up trinkets in exchange for items of value has been a long accepted legal practice by some. A moral justification of fair trade and that no harm has been done.

An alternate viewpoint is that Choice will seek to benefit all consumers.

Is “windsormail.com.au” acting fairly and reasonably, or should it be called out more broadly as a warning to all?

3 Likes

Ron, mine has the same numbers on it as well ,

4 Likes

Hi @robyn55, welcome to the forum.

It does make a mockery of the wording ‘your Lucky Numbers’.

It looks like there is only one set of lucky numbers so everyone must be able to share in the all the prize pool. If say 1000 people take up the ‘offer’, it may mean that they get $10.60 cash prize back and maybe the chance to wear the Swatovski stone necklace for an hour before handing over to another ‘Lucky Number’ winner.

4 Likes

I just joined this site to just comment on here. I was curious also. And yes I have the same 4 winnings as the others, not the same number though. Got it in take 5 magazine. I’m guessing they just send that jewellery to everyone. Would really be great if someone who has ordered from the catalogue would find this and share what happened. I wonder if I could buy one of those gift card MasterCards and order from it. But doubt it would work. Seems sketchy. And there must be a lot of people who buy into this. Mostly of the older crowd. Which is pretty sad. They have pretty lousy products. Some I have seen in the 2 dollar store, and other pop up shops in the middle of shopping centres.

5 Likes

I received the exact same scratchie. Exact numbers and all. Wish I had read this before ordering but oh well. I placed an order last week, bought something cheap just to see what would come in the mail. Just received my package today and, yep… you guessed it… I received my prize!! I won the “Swarovski Stone Necklace Set”. Bit deflated, wishing I had won the $25,000 but no biggie. Open the bag only to realise it’s fake, plastic jewellery hahahaha of course it is. This was fun though. I also received my $12 chakra bracelet I ordered as well so I guess that’s okay :slight_smile: hope this helps anyone in the near future. You will most likely only receive a $2 cheap jewellery set.

6 Likes

I was wondering what “all winners are guaranteed” meant. Now I know, thanks @whitneytainui. It means all customers will receive a bit of fake plastic jewelry. Very tempted to phrase that in much more derogatory terms!

4 Likes

My 87 year old mother has been caught up in this scam roundabout for years. She cannot be convinced that the mountains of absolute junk she gets through this mob is a rip off. The family and friends continue to have this rubbish served up at Xmas and birthdays etc. none of the electrical gadgets work for more than a few minutes (if they go at all) and are not fit for purpose. We really believe that she needs help from gamblers anonymous!! Windsor Mail is an unethical mob of crooks preying on vulnerable old ladies who are lonely and enjoy the long chat they have when they phone in their monthly order!! :angry::rage:. They are a disgrace.

7 Likes

I would love to see them investigated. Has anyone ever won anything other than cheap rubbish?

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Sharm. It is sad to hear that your mother has fallen for Windsor Mail’s marketing tactics.

If she is paying by credit card and she is willing, it might be worth checking with her credit card issuer if they can block transactions with WindsorMail.com.au. If it is possible, it may prevent your mother’s potential exploitation by the company…thinking the more she buys, the more likely she is to win a cash prize.

The banks seem to offer blocks for transactions associated with gambling, so it may be possible for this company which in effect is also a form of gambling.

5 Likes

Yes I too received the same lotto tickets and only received the allocated junkie free gift
Still waiting for my BIG WIN!!! Prob won’t see it in this lifetime Was going to buy myself a new car :frowning:
Am about to send an email and ask them to stop sending me brochures in the mail. Waste of paper and beautiful trees
Total rip off!
I believe karma comes round tenfold
Something has to be done sooner rather than later
Where do I start???

4 Likes

Yeh gidday guys i too have fallen to the lure of winning a nice cash prize . I received the scratchie in my letter box and the advertising magazine showing the photo’s of people who had won the prizes from Windsor Mail, i scratched up 4 winning prizes including the $25,000 and also had the correct code for all 4 prizes . I also filled out the form for Just 2 items and the postage which came to $40.00 that was 3 weeks ago !! Haven’t seen any of my items in the mail yet , probably have done my $40.00 !!!? It sickens me that company’s like this offer bogus prizes and lure people into signing up with the hope of Winning Big! Regards Andrew

2 Likes

This Company should be Named and Reported to the ACCC and stopped or else they will continue to trade and ‘Rip Off’ decent and hard cashed pensioners like my self!

5 Likes

I got one exactly the same … they probably have several million printed. I don’t order anything, but if people haven’t got their orders, I guess that’s because they’re waiting for shipments from China.

4 Likes

Hi Guys i too got scammed this Company through the mail on the promise that i had one a Major Prize !! I scratched 3 Prizes because i had the matching number , the catch is you have to fill in their catalogue and choose at-least 2 or more products from the catalogue also you have use your credit card details to obtain items . I waited nearly 2 Weeks with nothing arriving , i also rang the number supplied and got an Indian speaking woman saying that they couldn’t find my information on their book list. I continue to receive their Junk Mail in my letter box saying that I’m eligible to go in their $25,000 Draw and i would definitely be a Winner! This Scam really annoys me because it Targets Vulnerable Pensioners and others that are unaware of its traps. This Company needs to be stopped!! Its A “Joke” and it “Lures” unsuspecting people into its Web of Deceit! Regards Andrew

4 Likes

The important thing to remember with these offers is: If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is a scam!

2 Likes

Windsor Mail scratchies were topic of conversation here Feb-May 2020. See attached for my complaint to NSW Fair Trading, about both their scratchies & their other games of chance. (Converting 3pg pdf to single image - not sure how legibility will be) Hoping others who are as p***d off as me might make similar complaint

2 Likes

Hi @Jagnaztec, welcome to the community.

I have moved your post to the existing Windsor Mail thread to maintain the continuity of the topic.

Thanks also for posting the letter you sent to NSW Fair Trading. It might prompt others to also follow suit.

5 Likes

Response from windsor mail attached. They haven’t addressed all my concerns. And the permits they cite are indeed current, but arent the ones cited in their current marketing materials

2 Likes