Why are you a CHOICE Member?

We’re asking members to tell us why they belong to CHOICE. Do you like reading the magazine, the investigations and reviews, fighting for consumer rights or something else?

Please let us know in the comments below for your chance to be featured in a short member spotlight film (extra points for video entries!).

2 Likes

I joined Choice to help make informed choices on products to purchase having been burnt on a couple of occasions with goods failing just outside of warranty periods. Aside from mainly purchasing known brands for all products now, I still refer to choice for guidance on road-tested categories. So to access test reports and make informed purchases.

6 Likes

I joined Choice at first for the consumer product reviews but eventually got interested in their various campaigns for consumer rights . They seem to be making a difference and have become a powerful voice in consumer affairs .

9 Likes

I confess to subscribing to take advantage of the What to buy section especially for major appliances that I needed to replace.
But Choice has proved to be a gold mine of information for me.
I have learned so much on a great variety of subjects I would not have done otherwise.
Big thank you to all the team at Choice!

10 Likes

My primary reason for being a member is that successive governments have abrogated their responsibilities for consumer protection and have progressively dismantled such minimal protections as did exist. Choice has stepped up to the plate (as our US friends say) and taken on the role of consumer watchdog. Long may it bare its fangs.

6 Likes

I started using Choice way back in about 1980, receiving the hard copy magazines. I like to get value for money and believe Choice is testing products that I may need to purchase. So far I have not been disappointed with the purchases I have made which were tested and reported by Choice. Unfortunately there are a lot of unscrupulous businesses out there who do not have any morals or values.

4 Likes

Unfortunately I can’t afford the paid membership but I always try to use Choice due to the unbiased thorough testing that the products & services receive.

3 Likes

100% the reviews. I like the articles, grateful for the Shonky awards and get a chuckle from the Hard Word, but because of the unbiased reviews of the products I always buy the best I can afford from the list and it has never let me down.

Thanks Crew and keep up the good work.

Gary

3 Likes

I agree with Gaby, choice really helps me to simply the confusing and corrupt world of brand marketing

3 Likes

My parents were choice subscribers back in the 60’s and 70’s and as a child when I learned to read I would thumb through the old copies around home and at some point decided that it was a worthwhile endeavour. I started as a subscriber around 30 plus years ago and except for a period a few years back when I stopped for a few years when I felt the organisation went off the ‘reservation’ I have large remained a member for that period.

3 Likes

I joined Choice approximately 40 years ago, mainly because of its independent research and reviews of household appliances and services. I still consult it before I buy any product and my children ask me to check the Choice recommendations before they make any large purchases. Recently retired, I am now drawn more to the campaign for better consumer protection. Keep up the good work Choice!

4 Likes

I have online subscription with Choice, articles, reviews, recommended products I rely heavily on all these as to what brand/product I decide to purchase. Independent reviews are a necessity. Thank you to all the staff at Choice.

3 Likes

I am a member because some one gets to test tout the products and review and you can choose so if you have a specific need you can tailor your purchase!

3 Likes

We made some videos of our CHOICE member stories. Thanks for the inspiration everyone!

2 Likes

I don’t buy anything e.g. products etc., without checking the Choice Magazine first for their research results.
Plus LUV the Check Out Show BUT sometimes I find the ‘comedy’ distracts from the story/facts, and when I mention it to
friends I find that they don’t watch it because on first viewing it appears just another (not funny) comedy show.

2 Likes

My folks were choice members for as far back as I remember - but the little guy giving the bird to the bulldozer of corporate bullying has always resonated with me, along with the inclusiveness of being a member rather than just a subscriber - disruptive and unashamedly aggressive on occasion promotion of consumer rights based on solid investigation, research and testing. While I often don’t have time to read the mags cover to cover, I always turn to choice tests when purchasing and believe it is in all our interests to support the cause. While difficult to quantify, I feel confident Choice has saved me time, money and frustration over the years - well in excess of the membership dues!

The Choice Community adds yet another razor sharp single bevel broadhead equipped 850 grain arrow to the already bulging Choice quiver …

4 Likes