Which spray-on stain remover works best?

I still like the dab-on Dylon. I have an old bottle, its only 50ml or so, but its great for stubborn stains. Otherwise its warm water, soap and elbow grease.

[edit] cannot see it for sale anywhere. Not even on ebay. Plenty of dylon spray and other stuff but not the dab-on. damn.

1 Like

Yes, but many marketed under different names. Effectively any powder soaker which has sodium percarbonate as the active ingredient.

1 Like

While sodium percarbonate is usually in small print and sometimes hard to discern look for ‘Oxy’ on the label. They are usually sold in plastic ‘cans’ of a crystal-like powder. If you look at the Choice link @phb provided above you will see the ‘Oxy’ on many labels.

The differences in the products (beyond the labels and prices) is most often the concentration of sodium percarbonate and thus how much need be used for a simlar result, and sometimes how long the product is ‘guaranteed’ to maintain its concentration of the sodium percarbonate.

2 Likes

Grateful for the translation, Phil ! :slight_smile:
phb obviously considers the rest of us to be knowledgeable merely because we’re here ! [grin]

4 Likes

Apologies, I didn’t want to name any brands
as being seen as endorsing a particular product.

In a supermarket, they are in the clothes washing detergent aisle, usually in their own separate section. Coles and Woollies have them in the same section as the fabric stain removers and next to bleach. Some containters are white, others pink.

1 Like

Oh my dear, I was pullin yore li’l laig ! :smiley:

2 Likes

I think it’s unfortunate that you couldn’t get a plumber to hook up your own W.M.
to a sink in the bathroom or in the kitchen and have to use a communal laundry during a pandemic. The following article from Choice might help.:slightly_smiling_face:

No room, Gaby - small bathroom. And I can’t see myself - age pensioner - being able to afford that (in rented premises 
).