What’s your favourite National Park or place?

Many of us get pleasure and stress relief by seeking out our natural environment. Our national parks provide one experience. We pay for them through government and in some instances access fees.

The parks also preserve small samples of our unique flora and fauna, as a natural environment. While not quite as convenient as a zoo or botanic garden, they don’t cost nearly as much to enjoy.

If I was to choose a National Park I’d love to revisit.
It has a unique environment and a long history of human occupation. It reveals in the remnants of earlier vegetation trapped in it’s walls just how much our environment has changed over time.

If you have a favourite place to take in our natural world that adds value to your day or week or… even if it’s currently not accessible to us, where might that be?

I do like my backyard too.

5 Likes

Springbrook best of all lookout. Only 30 minutes drive & invigorating.

2 Likes

The Tanami, or the Simpson

4 Likes

… including Owen Springs, Finke Gorge, Gosse Bluff etc.

4 Likes

Wilson’s Prom - southern most point of Victoria.
Great for hikes for all ages and abilities from 3 minutes to three days.
River and ocean. Variety of beaches.
Camping or cabins. Store. Information centre. Museum. Outdoor cinema in summer.

4 Likes

I cant go past the remnants of our Gondwana Rainforests; whether they be the Barrington Tops (with a visit to Devils Ark), New England National Park or Dorrigo National Park. Just feels magical and a privilege as they are terribly under threat.

5 Likes

My favourite, out of the many National Parks in Victoria, is the Dandenong Ranges National Park.
Many attractions:
best view over the City and the Yarra Valley from the Sky High look out.

Tours of the area include bushwalking, horse riding, kayaking, rock climbing.

The Ferntree Gully forest
with the Kokoda track memorial walk.

Gardens, like the fabulous National Rhododendrons garden in Olinda.

Waterfalls, rare orchids, lyrebirds…

Puffing Billy steam train, nearby in Belgrave, which travels through the scenic Dandenong Ranges.

It’s also my first go to whenever I’m showing around visitors to Melbourne, only one hour from the CBD, but a rich and varied travel experience which will leave a beautiful memory of the region.

4 Likes

My favourite National park is Loch Sport on the Gippsland Lakes . Many species of parrots and other flora and fauna . Good fishing too .

2 Likes