What happens if I change from Telstra while under contract?

Telstra had several legacy systems for accounts that were retained when new systems were introduced. Migration for some customers was not an option, or so I was told when I had similar issues. You appear to have been caught by one of their work arounds. I found there was no one in any Telstra Shop who could resolve in full. Due either to a lack of understanding, or understanding and a lack of permissions.

As a glimmer of hope for your situation, there were in my instance a select team of problem solvers attached to the Telstra Area Manager. I managed to get my needs escalated to the responsible Telstra Area Manager with the assistance of the local Federal MP. This resulted in a personalised contact, regular emails and cc of progress. It still took more than one month to land an outcome once the expert problem solver was onto it. I don’t believe it should matter what colour of pin the local MP wears. Their office, if you can front up to the counter in person is likely to have access to an alternate pathway. Especially if you are polite, despite the level of personal suffering and distress. Being prepared to show you have done all that is asked and turning up as a last resort would not be stretching reality as you explain it. Telstra is very conscious of the political perceptions of it’s profile, on all sides.

Note:
I persisted and after more than 12 months I had most items resolved. Unless you have a particular and unique need to stay with Telstra, starting again with someone else afresh while you arm wrestle with Telstra is the expensive but least stressful of the bad options, in my experience. I did for other services and all but a particular business need that could not be walked away from until … I still have one Telstra legacy, but that is all within my control now.

3 Likes