Tea : What brand/s do you buy?

Do you mean a kettle that fails to boil the water? I haven’t seen one that could be called a functioning kettle.

Thanks for your addition to the thread Mark @mark_m . Always great to read something that adds to a post not detracts from it . Thanks again .

1 Like

Latest brew I have been drinking is Nature’s Cuppa (black) Ceylon tea. It is the first time I have tried it (bought is as it was on special and thought would give it a go.

The tea is strong and dark, but lacks the bitterness (when consumed with a splash of milk) of other strong dark teas which we have tried in the past.

All in all a pleasant brew and possibly would purchase again.

2 Likes

I will definitely put that on the teas to taste " bucket list " Peter . @phb

1 Like

Wood fired stove, or gas cook top. We use both and a kettle with a whistle on it.

Amazingly these old style kettles are still sold. And in true retailer tradition can cost more than an imitation kettle with all the electrics, separate power base and sight glass.

No doubt this risks starting another thread about electric kettles that actually boil waster.

2 Likes

I recently noticed one of the top brands in the supermarket is adding tea flavouring to its tea bags. If extra tea flavouring is necessary I hate to think what the black powdery stuff in the bags is.
Have recently discovered Dilmah - rooibos with cinnamon, turmeric, ginger and nutmeg. Lovely stuff but have only found it in Woolies.

4 Likes

Here are the results of our recent tea taste test:

2 Likes

Nature’s Cuppa organic Ceylon tea is my main stay. It’s so much superior to Twinnings. I to am sorry the supermarkets stopped stocking their Earl Grey.
Naturally, I like T2 teas but they are too expensive for an every day tea.

2 Likes

Aldi’s Diplomat Green Tea with Lemon.

1 Like