Western Digital - Power Supply model number APP524-051240U for My Passport Wireless Pro and SSD Hard Drives Recall

A recall notice for Power Supply model number APP524-051240U for My Passport Wireless Pro and SSD Hard Drives supplied by Western Digital as if the power supply is assembled incorrectly, live parts can be exposed, which does not comply with the electrical safety standard.

Western Digital - Power Supply model number APP524-051240U for My Passport Wireless Pro and SSD Hard Drives

PRA No.

2020/18253

Date published

11 May 2020

Product description

Switching Mode Power Supply APP524-051240U for “Western Digital” branded My Passport Wireless Pro and SSD Hard Drives.

The affected power supply were sold with SSD hard drives model numbers:
WDBP2P0020BBK
WDBVPL0010BBK
WDBSMT0030BBK
WDBSMT0040BBK
WDBAMJ0010BGY
WDBAMJ0020BGY
WDBAMJ2500AGY
WDBAMJ5000AGY

Photograph of Western Digital Power Supply for My Passport Wireless Pro and SSD

Photograph for Western Digital Hard Drive

Identifying features

Other

Model No: APP524-051240U

What are the defects?

If the power supply is assembled incorrectly, live parts can be exposed, which does not comply with the electrical safety standard.

What are the hazards?

Risk of electric shock.

What should consumers do?

Cease using Power Supply APP524-051240U immediately by turning off GPO (general power outlet), disconnect the adaptor from supply, store power supply securely. Contact Western Digital to receive a replacement and information regarding safe disposal of the power supply. Consumers may continue to use their hard drive products without the power supply.

For further information, contact Western Digital on the toll free number 1800 429 861 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5pm AEST) or via the email submission form at https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

Supplier

Western Digital

List of traders who sold this product

Traders list.xlsx

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 June 2016 - 30 November 2019

Recall advertisements and supporting documentation

Recall advertisement.pdf (823.28 KB)

Responsible regulator

Electrical Safety Office (QLD) is the responsible regulator for this recall.

Product category

Electronics and technology

Bookmark/Search this post