Warning: Vocus Group who own Dodo & Club Telco attempting to bully ADSL clients to move to Dodo NBN

Their support is excellent. Their service is NBN as are all the other RSPs. Their speeds are ordinary in comparison with others, and their monthly cost for what is offered is $10 pcm on the high side as I see it since some throw in ‘entertainment’ and others throw in VOIP calls if either is important to you.

There is nothing I find compelling from ABB except I signed up with them and am not inclined to switch, yet. If and when entertainment bubbles up, I might look around. NBN maintenance is usually overnight but the latest NBN notice is for a ‘240 minute’ outage in a 6 hour window with the admonition to have a fully charged mobile, blah blah.

Note that if you want VOIP some RSPs require you to use their modem/router and some accept BYOs. That was one of my criteria for picking ABB although by many reviews the RSP supplied modems are fine for most of us - they fall down for those with serious in-home wi-fi needs and sometimes gamers where every nanosecond matters.

Also, download speed is not everything. Check the Nov ACCC report and a metric is download/upload speed and another is web page time to load (wrought with how many variables?) where there is not always the same pecking order.

As for the circumstances you find yourself in, nothing I could ad to the sage commentary above.

4 Likes