Vitaketo apple gummies that are used for weight loss

Hi Choicers,
I was wondering if any of you have heard about Vitaketo apple gummies that are used for weight loss?. To me the before and after weight loss photos look too good to be true (and probably will be). I tried to look where to see if they were a scam but couldn’t find anything, being not “techy” I only googled them. They have a 60 day risk free satisfaction guarantee to back them up, so I’m seeking help from the knowledgeable Choicers. Thankyou.:blush:

1 Like

A sham product at best. I have seen them advertised on social media which is the first red flag.

The second red flag is their website states “Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”. This in effect says anything they say hasn’t been substantiated and they don’t endorse their products to treat anything.

The third red flag is the website uses generic terms and conditions generated by an online terms and conditions generator. The same applies to their privacy policy.

The fourth red flag is they aren’t present in Australia and the website indicates they might be based in the Netherlands. It is also a recently registered domain.

The fifth red flag is this:

Screenshot_2023-09-27-15-01-16-818

I can guarantee the ABC won’t be promoting gummy bears. It shows the website creators (scammers) haven’t done their homework as they don’t know much about the ABC.

Red flag number 6, the (Australian) address on their “official Facebook page” doesn’t exist. In addition to this, going to the ‘official’ website via links on their Facebook page and using a PC browser, results in a red screen advising the website has been reported as being malicious.

If you want to buy expensive lollies, by all means purchase them if you don’t care about being defrauded or scammed…otherwise your money would be better spent elsewhere.

There is potential it is a scam website to harvest personal and credit card information. Its format and content follows that of scammers…no contact information, content to look like it could be Australian and they haven’t even looked at their T&C or privacy statements. I would avoid at all costs.

And thank you for posting. If other Australian consumers do a basic internet search on the gummie bears, they will find this thread - hopefully saving them from being scammed.

7 Likes

I think the idea is to get acetic acid, a part of vinegar, and in this case, apple cider vinegar, into a lolly form happily consumed by gullible buyers who don’t want to actually consume vinegar. Yuck, it is very sour.

There are no medical benefits whatsoever I can find in acetic acid intake. It is a condiment in food. Yes, there are websites out there promoting the benefits of acetic acid for weight loss, but why not just try it with a cheap bottle of vinegar from the supermarket.

Hey, try it on your nail fungus too.

1 Like

“Oh My Goodness”,
You wonderful people never cease to amaze me with the knowledge and information you can dig up, to help people like me. I REALLY do appreciate it very much. I sat with my mouth agape at all the red flags you found. While " too good to be true and scam sites" scare the life out of me, I take comfort in having this site where I can ask (and have answered) any questions I ask.
Again T H A N K Y O U.
Also, I don’t know that I’d want to drink apple cider vinegar but I did use it to get little bugs (can’t remember thier name) off an indoor plant I had. The smell made it seem the least appealing thing I’d smelled in a while.

7 Likes

I’ve been getting these by email. This one is a phishing expedition as I suspect they harvest your data and credit card as you Claim Your Bottle. The small print says credit card required for claim. This email is supposed to come from the ABC’s Shark Tank.

Despite claims “Backed by Science” etc, there is little to no evidence that they aid weight loss.

3 Likes

And red flag number 7. A stock image used by other scammers…

This time a ‘miracle’ weight loss pill. At least they got the Shark Tank broadcaster right.

2 Likes