V.I.Poo review

You might have seen the V.I.Poo ads doing the rounds on television lately, but does the product live up to its claims? CHOICE has tested it to find out.

Read more:

2 Likes

I get the impression Mr Iredale had way too much fun researching and writing that article !

We asked CHOICE staffers to keep a bottle handy when a grizzly came scratching at the back door then asked them to evaluate the air quality before and after.

Are there not problems inherent in self-assessing the aromatic qualities of ones own fudge flung from the fecal foundry, not dissimilar to the self assessment of ones own floating air biscuits?

2 Likes

Definitely a bit of fun with this one :smile:

1 Like

When I first saw the TV advertisment, I thought someone was taking the mickey. I saw it a second time and realised they were serious…and the thought that it only happens in the ‘good old US of A’ came to mind.

This is the first Choice review that, it appears, may have plagiarised some of the marketing material from the manufacturers, Reckitt Benckiser.

When reading the Choice review, my thoughts were the same as my first TV advertisement experience, with the same words rattling around in my grey matter.

And I have as much desire to buy this product as installing a multifunction NeoRest 750 - see video or similar hi-tech depositories.

1 Like

Do not knock it if you have not tried the Toto bidet seats! I first met with them in Japan and most westerners really get to like them :slight_smile: Automatic lids might be a bit over the top but the rest, love them.

While some of Europe has the real deal, many countries have not caught on and these work a treat where there is no room to add a real one.

1 Like

There has been a US brand out for some time that is trade named Poo-Pourri. They really do sell a lot on the smell of it.

https://www.poopourri.com/collections/all-products

2 Likes

Yes, have had the pleasure of similar toilets in Japan, Taiwan and China. Whilst they were a novel experience, I still prefer the Aussie models.

My mother always said not to push or play with buttons one did not know what they did, and I should have heeded her advice. Refreshing yet unexpected squirts, talking to me in languages I don’t speak, relaxing music through to gentle extraction fan breezes and noise were wonderful, but still not worth the many times more expensive that the standard porcelain pot. I suppose with an bowl air extraction model, the VIPoo would be unwarranted.

2 Likes

The problem lies with the global warming gas propellant (not the propellant in the spray) and the spray can not be put where the propellant resides.

2 Likes