TV Sound Query

Hi - Question for Choice who say a particular LG TV model has Case rumble. I need to understand if I use sound bar or 5 speaker surround system if this overrides the issue or will still come through? I don’t want to buy if there is bad quality sound! Case rumble meaning is when the case shakes because of the speaker’s bass. It’s distracting and changes the tone of the audio and also the area we really penalize the TV in our listening test as it’s not something you can fix in the TV settings. Thx

5 Likes

If you have a sound bar with its own bass cabinet you ought to have the option to turn off the built in speakers thus removing the case rattle. Check your manual to ensure that your TV has that option but I think it will. Choice has reviewed sound bars (member content). You may be pleasantly surprised how much better the sound is with quite a modest sound bar. Built in sound in TVs is often very compromised because of design constraints that favour slim and light cases with very small borders on the screen, none of which make good speakers.

6 Likes

Many thanks for prompt response syncretic. Just to confirm do you mean if sound bar has a separate sub-woofer or is bass cabinet something else? I’ll be buying new TV so hopefully has option to turn off internal speakers. thx

5 Likes

Same thing.

5 Likes