Turntable and record player review

We review record players and turntables (member content) to reveals the best performing units. If you need a little help with sorting out which features are right or your set up, check out our record player buying guide.

Do you use a record player? Share your experience below.

5 Likes

recommendations for middle of the road portable record players

2 Likes

Wecome to the forum.

Why would you want to leave your record player in the middle of the road?

Choice did a review of turntables & record players updated 30 April 2020. You will need to be a member to see the ratings.

4 Likes

Welcome pip3. Just so you know, the review referred to by meltam no longer has any record players that are still available, only turntables.

When I was a kid, and portable record players were the only alternative to a radio, people didn’t seem to mind that their vinyl was being exposed to the elements, and possibly to a record player that might shorten the records’ life rather quickly. I don’t think I’m giving much away by saying that most, if not all, portable record players might leave you disappointed.

Hopefully some community members might have some recommendations for you.

4 Likes

Since I cannot see it defined on the review page or in this thread:

If you are looking for something mid-range, probably a complete record player would be the best option. The prices for these range from around $50 (garbage) to $1,000+. Not sure what you can get by way of portability.

2 Likes