Tupperware 'Lifetime' warranty issues

I’ve also had to send multiple lids back to Tupperware and pay a $3.95 processing fee for each lid I claimed. Only to be given a credit of $10 for 2 lids! For one type of lid and a different amount for another lid. They cost $8.50 each! Firstly that only buys me 1 lid! And secondly why not send me the dam lids?They are available and not out of stock! As I’ve checked. I have emailed Tupperware saying I don’t want the credit just the replacement lids. They never contacted me by email or phone! Plus it cost me $15 to send all 8x lids!

2 Likes

a “grate” many years

The warranty claim process has no value or economic sense to a customer
I had a seal with a crack in it so figured since Tupperware is so expensive I should make a warranty claim on the item, what a bad idea!

I had to pay $8.00 to post the seal to Tupperware
I had to pay $3.95 to Tupperware to process the claim
Tupperware did not replace the seal
Tupperware gave me a $10 credit to spend online
Tupperware charge $9.95 postage to send an item purchased online
Tupperware kept the seal I sent to them (Could have and I should have just glued it back together)
I now have a container that is useless because Tupperware did not replace the seal
I cannot buy a replacement seal online
I now have to buy a whole new container because Tupperware have not honoured their lifetime warranty.
I have a net 5 cents (After a postage charge) to buy a new item online at their store.
It has cost me $11.95 to get the 5 cent credit to buy a new seal.

Have I missed something because to me I’m now $11.90 out of pocket and I have no useable tupperware container.
I would have been better off financially to throw the item in the bin, forget about a warranty claim and just buy a new item online

On another item I received a net $17.05 credit less the $11.90 for posting item back to them and processing fee I paid = $5.15 net credit . To buy online from tupperware a replacement item it will cost $55.00.

I don’t think Tupperware have or should be advertising any lifetime warranty .
With no economically viable warranty process their products are over price…I’m off to the supermarket to get a much cheaper product.

4 Likes

I am glad I found this site. I have Tupperware pieces I bought many years ago and was easily able to obtain replacement lids - just give them the mold numbers and pay $5 for shipping. I have done it more than once. But I have been trying to replace 3 more lids/seals since last August. All I get when I call customer service is that the system is being upgraded. When I called in January, they took the information and gave me a ticket number, but have not heard anything since. Called again today and got “system is under development”. Just wanted to vent and was trying to find someplace to make others aware of the problem.

1 Like

Do “Tupperware parties” still exist?? If there is a local distributor in the district of the person wanting the replacement, I imagine it would be far more efficient for both Tupperware and the customer, for the item/s to be shipped with that distributor’s order. I have a house full of Tupperware, and indeed, a bag of broken lids. It disappoints (and angers) me to think of what used to be a simple replacement system being turned into this convoluted misery. If a seal for an item was no longer available, you could just give the whole item to your distributor, and receive a credit for it in due course. I’m not sure Tupperware can even be recycled in the local council bin?? I thought there was some issue with its chemical makeup?

1 Like

They still do, but suspect not as popular as they did in the past. See:

I have had the same experience. I saved up my lids to make a claim to find their “warranty” claim system has now turned into a profit centre for them. I have been supporting Tupperware for over 40 years, but never, ever will I buy a piece again. $3.95 to make a claim, $9.95 to send it back, $9.95 for return postage assuming that the lid I want is available on their very limited system and they actually credit me for the right amount. So I’m out of pocket $23.85 for one lid - it’s really a no-brainer to toss it in the bin and buy a new one of a different brand.
And to add insult to injury, if I return 5 lids and receive 5 credits, I can only purchase one at a time! Can’t even combine the credits and postage on a bulk order!
When I bought my Tupperware over the years, I was sold the life-time warranty and the easy returns process through my local dealer. I think I should be safe in thinking that should be just what it says - for life. There was never any stipulation that I should retain my receipts for 40 years.What Tupperware are offering now is a convoluted process wherein I can spend more than the item is worth in obtaining a replacement - since when is that a warranty?

If this company doesn’t deserve a shonky award, I don’t know who does.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @dianem
Tupperware are creating their own not Tupperware future, IMO.
We have only a few items of 1990’s vintage Tupperware left. It was never a problem to arrange replacement lids through one of the extended group of friends who was a Tupperware Sales rep.

Be what it is, all soft/flexible plastic lids seem to have shorter lives than the containers, irrespective of the brand. Tupperware likely knew this from the beginning of the product. These days it’s hard to justify the Tupperware premium when there are so many other products priced more keenly. I’m always on the lookout for glass alternatives. Most still rely on plastic lids, with no obvious source of replacements. At least one can use a wrap or cling film in many instances.

2 Likes

What nobody is talking about here is WHY they started sticking to the policy (being strict about it) after letting people and consultants get away with claiming things that the original policy did not cover for decades. And the scammers who send in literally boxes full of Tupperware they never bought themselves (a condition of the warranty and always has been that it applies to the ORIGINAL purchaser) and try to claim two new items by sending in each piece separately. The whole thing used to be based on an honesty and goodwill system which got absolutely taken advantage of by dishonest people. Didn’t help that consultants were “trading in” old tupperware giving customers their old stock then claiming the customer item for themselves and getting the new model and not telling the customer. Also very sneaky and dishonest. The $3.95 postage doesn’t come close to covering costs - that was introduced to stop the career fraudster claimers sending in everything under the sun trying to scam the system. It is sad that crooks and thieves and dodgy consultants ruined it for the genuine customers! The old system was based on mutual trust - and we live in a world full of the opposite now sadly.

1 Like

Tupperware as a going concern has numerous challenges. Its recent history is of steady decline. An unfortunate circumstance for it’s loyal users.
Tupperware - Wikipedia

One glimmer of hope?

An alternative is to ask whether the community will continue to accept the continued use of fossil fuel sourced plastics, or party plan tiered marketing as sustainable or value for money? No matter how great the warranty may be it’s sales that make the bottom line. :thinking: