Trouble contacting Prime

I have been charged for 2 Prime accounts. The second one was activated on 25 December and it is unwanted. When I try to go into my Amazon account to delete the second one it says my account have been deactivated. Then when I go to set up a new account it says I already have an account. I cannot cancel the second prime account as I cannot get into me Amazon account a vicious circle.
Any ideas on how I can contact Prime as they will only talk to me through an account.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community @Tricia,

I cannot vouch for the following but all are worth a try, found on the internet and not requiring an account login. it is clear Amazon has little interest in removing barriers for Australian customers.

email (the first looks more promising): grievanceau@amazon.com or cs-reply@amazon.com
Expect any response to require days. If your email supports it send the email with ‘return receipt’ and ‘delivery receipt’ set. Those options might or might not do anything but if you get an acknowledgement that your email was received that will be a plus.

US telephone number (can be as a little as $0.01 per minute or as much as $0.50! if it works internationally at all +1-888-280-4331, carrier dependent.

Please update this if you get through as however you succeed will help others.

4 Likes

If you have X (previously known as twitter) you can always leave a public message on one of their verified accounts that doesn’t have to be too detailed and they will probably respond fairly quickly and ask you to contact via a private message.

A couple of their X links that may help get you the contact you require (they are verified Amazon accounts)

https://twitter.com/AmazonHelp

https://twitter.com/amazon

If you have Facebook

4 Likes

I got caught out trying to cancel a Prime subscription but it didn’t seem to be showing in my account so couldn’t.

I phoned them (I’m sure there was an Aust contact number on the site.). A helpful bloke identified that I was logged into the US Amazon, where I apparently had an account. Once I logged out and into .com.au I was able to unsubscribe.