Tow bar for Atto 3?

Hi.

I’m going to buy a BYD Atto 3 electric car and would like to fit it a towbar. It’s the first time I’ll have a car with a towbar so not 100% sure what should I look out for.

Back in an EV car show I met the guys who make these towbars specifically fit for the BYD: BYD ATTO3 Stealth Towbar EV Stealth EV Direct — EV Stealth Solutions the supposed advantage of the BYD2 model is that it doesn’t show when the neck is out but still not as low as the BYD1 model which goes under the bumper (BYD Atto 3 Towbar EVDirect — EV Stealth Solutions).

On the other hand, some people report that it could be a bit fiddly to install and uninstall the neck compared to the BYD1 model which has a more “traditional” setup.

Does anyone here have suggestions on how can I research it more short of buying it?

Thanks.

Try a brand specific group.

5 Likes

Thanks phil. I already follow the BYD group (both the Australia-wide and NSW-specific). I’ll dig Facebook for more.

The reviews I found on FB are divided to:

1. People who have the BYD2 (the hidden one, which I’m interested in) - all of the ones I saw say that they never actually got around to use it.
  2. People who have other towbars (either the BYD1 or other brands?) - say that they bought them because they didn’t want to have to crawl under the car to connect the neck.

So I wonder if anyone who has the BYD2 and actually used it can testify.

1 Like