TicketMaster experiences

I tried to use my long dormant Ticketmaster account and only got technical errors, try later. Same with asking for a password reset. Sending a query to their support they concluded for some reason it had to be fraud. Needing the tickets and not wishing to mess or be messed round for days, I made a new account with a different email and got the tickets.

The only option was a ‘mobile ticket’. Never having used one before it was confronting to work through. It warned screen shots would not get one into the venue, nor would a copy of the emailed confirmation of the purchase. Curiously no SMS was involved for the ‘mobile ticket’ so the Ticketmaster App became necessary, although a web browser might have sufficed to ‘expose’ the tickets in a clumsy manner.

Accessing the Ticketmaster account via the app had a link to the mobile ticket that featured an animated bar code. I can imagine many not so tech savvy individuals and especially seniors could struggle working it out.

To Ticketmaster’s credit one could put the tickets into Wallet (assuming one has one, thanks Google?) via the app in case ‘technology failed or was slow’ on the day.

Good news bad news, or just good news? Technology has taken another step to marginalise and even exclude those not ‘with it’.

2 Likes