The Travesty of the ACL

Reading this reveals the reality of our protections under the ACL. One’s mind can only spin wondering…

5 Likes
5 Likes

Reading that made the entire process look more ridiculous than the original post. Cutting and pasting the judicial comments as quoted would not do justice.

Summary: The Travesty continues to 11 Dec, when it might continue continuing, or maybe not. Seems if she cannot pay she is not in contempt for not paying and fleecing the public was not a worry with actual penalties, only theoretical ones. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I like the term “fake wellness blogger” - sounds a bit like “black black cat”

5 Likes

The saga continues. The saga appears to be more farce than jurisprudence. I wonder what it takes for all the ‘last chances’ to be taken?

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: If government is a consumer, it is getting a taste of how well the ACL can work for international purchases. OK, a bit over the limit, but. Their ‘best mates’ have told them to rak off. Makes one wonder if they shouldn’t lodge a letter of complaint and approach fair trading. :rofl:

4 Likes

Looks like all chances have expired.

1 Like

It is not over until it is over.

2 Likes

From the article “In the video filmed in October last year, Gibson also mentions how the Melbourne-based Oromo community is aiming to raise money.”

She definitely has some experience in that field but I hope the Africans are not actually depending on ever seeing any of the money raised.

Maybe this could use a new topic, but it does demonstrate how hard it can be to collect…

Seems Belle is just being her normal self, emulating a certain POTUS for truth.

It seems cancer con woman Belle Gibson hasn’t been welcomed into the Melbourne Ethiopian community with open arms despite a video emerging of her speaking about the community.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/african-community-rejects-disgraced-cancer-faker-belle-gibson-031412093.html

4 Likes

The game continues.

Maybe she will link up another fraudster, Peter Foster, who I see has failed to appear in court in Sydney this week. Make a great couple.

1 Like