The ATO's Super fund comparison tool

Hi all,

I’m currently looking into how people use the ATO’s super fund comparison tool for a story in CHOICE.

The tool was introduced last year and already more than one million Australians have used it.

If you’re unfamiliar with the tool, see our article here: https://www.choice.com.au/money/financial-planning-and-investing/superannuation/articles/comparison-tool

I’m interested to hear if any community members have used the tool, and, if so if you have any feedback on these questions:

• Did you find it easy to use?
  • Was the way funds were ranked logical?
  • Did you get a better picture of how your fund is performing and how it compares to other funds after using the tool?
  • Did you change funds after using it?
  • Could you find your own fund/product in the tool?
  • Is there anything you would like to see added/changed?
5 Likes

Bonus question: is anyone familiar with the MySuper dashboards? Ever used the dashboard for their fund or to check on another fund? Any thoughts?

3 Likes

I have used it to help two younger family members choose their first super fund. I found it incredibly useful as a central source of MySuper products, and it was easily shown what fees they would have on low balances. It only compares MySuper products, but for these family members that was what they needed.

For me, it’s less useful as I’m at the point where I set my own investment options rather than just the ‘mysuper’ default, and these of course are not compared

6 Likes

I’m with a super fund that isn’t listed, so it’s no use to me.

Seeing as I did access the ATO’s comparison tool I’m probably included in the one million that have “used” it. But I didn’t really.

2 Likes

Thanks Peterchu and TC!

I have not used it. I would be interested to know if it is, worthwhile using the site. I have the, ato mobile on my phone. Comparing fubds, would be good to do i just have never looked at it

I could not find my account-based product in the ATO tool. Equally, I could not find my product in my product’s comparison tool. Nor could I find my product in any other fund’s comparison tool!